Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Global Wrapper Bits [complete]
#
This is a top suggestion; the ability to create custom wrapper HTML bits that can be called across ALL wrappers. For example, someone could create their own global footer wrapper, and global header wrapper.

Why would you need this? It's particularly useful for those who have multiple skins.

As an example, with global footers and wrappers you no longer have to install a custom code to EVERY skin template.

Or, if you have a news box/announcement box or other custom HTML bit, every time you update it, you don't need to go into every single skin set and do so. You could just make a wrapper bit called <% NEWSBOXBIT %> and toss it in all your skins - then mass update it with 1 click via the ACP.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
now that sounds fun and very easy for us coders.

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
#
Woah, that sounds awesome.

signature
user posted image
Forum Promotion Services & Resources!
PM
#
That seems rather convenient.

signature
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
#
And once this is done there is no way anyone can say coding on JFB is hard tongue.gif

This post has been edited by chakka: Nov 21 2008, 08:57 AM

signature
There is a war going on for your mind. Those who seek to occupy it will stop at nothing. The battlefield is everywhere. There is no sanctuary. There are no civilians. You have two choices: surrender or enlist

Why do people feel the need to copyright codes in a way that prevents further editing. As long as the copyright remains intact your work is noted; allowing further editing/release spreads your name as a coder further and creates greater possibilities from something you created - that cannot be a bad thing. Next time you release a code, allow it to be modified and I won't set my zombie minions upon your cookie stash user posted image

My To-Do List

* I miss when this had stuff in it user posted image *

Or Check Out My Test Forum For All My Custom Codes/Skins!
Codes: 11 || Skins: 3 || Macro Sets: 3
#
wow this is cool biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

signature
Visit DistortGfx
user posted image
PM
#
Yes, this is going to be awesome...

signature
#
If you... do this... I'll... give you... 5 million... cookies...
PM
#
Tracking cookies that is!!!!!

signature
ΣAE
The True Gentlemen
#
This maybe to hard to code though. Like really hard. I don't think I can do it.

I mean something on a global scale? Are you kidding me? I can't do that.

This post has been edited by Gunblaza: Nov 22 2008, 01:16 AM

signature
user posted image

#
If I understand what he means correctly, you would put in a tag like <% INFO %> and point that so a certain area, like a news area in the ACP, and then you would be able to have a whack at it from there.

But I could be way off.
#
I think the best way to do it would be sort of like the Macro section, but instead of putting HTML for an image in,you name the thing for example <% NEWS %> then put the HTML in a box.

Then the news tag can go in any wrapper.

signature
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
#
QUOTE (leafsfan7 @ November 22, 2008 11:27 am)
I think the best way to do it would be sort of like the Macro section, but instead of putting HTML for an image in,you name the thing for example <% NEWS %> then put the HTML in a box.

Pretty much exactly how it's going to be. There will be that, and a standard header, and footer box.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ November 23, 2008 01:22 pm)
QUOTE (leafsfan7 @ November 22, 2008 11:27 am)

Pretty much exactly how it's going to be. There will be that, and a standard header, and footer box.

Sounds pretty good to me.

signature
user posted image

#
I allready have the dozen skins we use on our forum operating off of only two board wrappers, white and black.

I do this as we use a different shoutbox that increases the forums post count totals, and at times for special events we enable post count for the members with it and connect it to certain threads. Its the easiest way to do it instead of adjusting a code for 12 different board wrappers.

Would there ever be chance that the default shoutbox that we would be given the option for each post in it to be added to the forum and users post count.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ClosedNew TopicNew Poll