Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Global Wrapper Bits [complete]
#
That sounds like a different suggestion for the shoutbox entirely. I don't know how easy that would be but honestly I'm not up for ripping the shoutbox we have to pieces like that to integrate it into forums and topics.

Either way, the point of this project is so you can create HTML bits.

Example: that different shoutbox that increases forum post count totals, you could just take whatever codes you are using for that and throw it in one bit: <% CUSTOMSHOUTBOX %> - Then you could call <% CUSTOMSHOUTBOX %> in all of your wrappers and have different ones.

When you'd want to mass update it, that is all you would have to do - edit the global wrapper bits area, and they're all changed in 1 click.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I think this would make the boards slightly faster as well.
PM
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ November 20, 2008 04:20 pm)
This is a top suggestion; the ability to create custom wrapper HTML bits that can be called across ALL wrappers. In addition, a global footer wrapper, and global header wrapper.

Why would you need this? It's particularly useful for those who have multiple skins.

As an example, with global footers and wrappers you no longer have to install a custom code to EVERY skin template.

Now that sounds awesome http://support.b1.jcink.com/html/store/icons/support/icon_cool.gif

signature
If my posts do not make sense sometimes then please don't mind as i might be highuser posted image
This image is Back
user posted image
#
This is a good feature, but I'm just going to close this topic. It's obvious I've done absolutely nothing for it and it was foolish of me to make two project topics when I can really only handle one right now. This will be reopened very soon though so watch for it.

signature
#
This feature is now complete because it was bundled with the webpage maker.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ClosedNew TopicNew Poll