Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

AdminCP CSS Reskinned
#
Either one is fine with me, but between the two, the newskin does make all the menus easier to define. (ie., custom bbcodes is easier to pick out than with the colored menu headers) The larger text makes it a bit easier, too.
#
I'm really glad to hear that. I did that with the hopes it would be that way. I made the text larger on purpose with the intent that everything would be more clear to see. Hoping that would help people read notices and find features a little easier.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
yay finally this is under works

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
#
I like it. It looks a lot better than the other one, though I was hoping it would have the looks of something like what Jcink.com looks like. With the red maintitles as the category maintitles and the white background. That's the first thing I thought it was going to look like when I first went to open this thread. I like this one more than the other, but I think it could be better.
#
I like the new CSS of the Admin CP, it looks nice. smile.gif

signature
user posted image
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ March 27, 2009 10:36 am)
I decided to reskin the ACP stylesheet using the "IPB Alt" style, or also known as IPB Alpha style in the Skin Importer. I'm giving you guys a sneak peek. Please note, all I have done here is reskin the CSS to make things look cleaner and nicer; this is not a "revamp" of the AdminCP and this isn't a thread to discuss that. I would jusy like some feedback on the style itself since I feel this looks more "modern."

Here's how you can try out the skin on your own forums. Go to your AdminCP, but don't login. On the end of the URL in the top bar, enter this:

?newskin=1

Your link will look kind of like this:

http://forum.jcink.com/admin.php?newskin=1

Visit it; and the new skin will be applied. Login and check out the change.

Let me know what you think! smile.gif

It looks awesome, i hope it gets added

signature
If my posts do not make sense sometimes then please don't mind as i might be highuser posted image
This image is Back
user posted image
#
nice biggrin.gif

signature
#
Its a case of its different so its better =\
#
Oh goody. Yet ANOTHER site designed after XP's Royale theme.

Haven't seen many of THOSE around.

signature
[Signature removed. Please don't use others graphics or signatures without permission. Thanks. - J]
PM
#
where did anyone say it was a new style or unique? no one.

like I said... it's an older skin applied to an interface that has an even older style already. I'd rather not do anything until the ACP revamp, but this was quick and easy to do. this wasn't even hard to put together. it was the final skin made for PB 2.0/1.3 default; why not use it.

it at least looks better than what we have. im not going all out and give this cp a brand new style until the ACP is revamped.

signature
#
I agree! I think going ahead with this will make users want to use your services all the more.
Better yet, if you replaced the IPB logo with a JFB one, and made custom JFB ACP theme, then maybe more members would want to use your service?

I mean, your JFB can do things that the OLD and NEW IPB's Cant! smile.gif

But either way, I say go ahead!

signature
Coming soon...
#
I get what Jcink Is saying here, It doesn't make much sense to skin a skin then when he does the ACP revamp have to pretty much do it all over again...
~EMP

signature
Thanks,
JordanH

JcinkNet Family Grandpa
#
QUOTE (Emporer Joe @ April 13, 2009 07:02 am)
I get what Jcink Is saying here, It doesn't make much sense to skin a skin then when he does the ACP revamp have to pretty much do it all over again...
~EMP

mmm.. not really. He could go ahead and put the new skin in now, and do the revamp later. He wouldn't have to change it again no matter how many times he does a revamp.
#
Then I'd have to finalize the kind of style I want for the revamp to be like right now - I don't want to do that.

signature
#
Please remove the underline text on the menu parts. It ruins the whole thing kinda.

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  ClosedNew TopicNew Poll