Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Custom Pages [complete]
#
Some have been doing this with codes for the longest time; and others still can't quite get it. It's been on the request list for a while and it's extremly simple and overdue for me to add to the system. I decided to get started on it.

What is custom pages? It's simple. With custom pages you can create your own little web pages within the forums. You can put whatever you want within these pages to make up your own little sections of the forums.

This is also a great feature for modders; makes things a whole lot easier. Additionally, the custom pages system will have full board wrapper variable support.

Being that this is fairly straightforward I'm not sure that there's much else to be said, this will be the progress topic for them. If anyone has any interesting ideas I would love to hear them.

Suggestions/questions/comments etc all welcome.

This post has been edited by Jcink: Jul 7 2009, 07:09 PM

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
If you do add custom pages, it might be helpful to create sample pages so that you can guide people along with setup. It might be helpful to have an easy edit system so that people using custom pages won't break their coding.

signature
user posted image
#
Thankfully people won't have to use the JS code anymore! biggrin.gif
Keep up the good work Jcink!

signature
Coming soon...
#
If this were facebook, I would click the "like" button here.

signature
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
#
QUOTE (Hostix @ June 17, 2009 02:34 pm)
If you do add custom pages, it might be helpful to create sample pages so that you can guide people along with setup. It might be helpful to have an easy edit system so that people using custom pages won't break their coding.

Well, the edit system will be raw HTML so it shouldn't be much different than what you guys are already used to with the wrappers.

There will definitely be some cut & paste examples all over the wiki though to help people out.

signature
#
As if people actually read the wiki...........

signature
ΣAE
The True Gentlemen
#
QUOTE (posiden5665 @ June 18, 2009 09:09 pm)

people read it... someone just has to point them to the right page first. dry.gif

signature
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
The "We" FactorThe mentioning of "we" in relation to the particular user and Jcink as if they both made the site when in reality, only Jcink has made, maintains, and all around owns the site.

Quotes"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself." Aaron Copland
"Sometimes, a song isn't just a song; it can be a memory, an emotion, and a single moment in time." - Sam
"Four of you have tried to kill me in the past. One of you succeeded." - Jack Sparrow

LinksMy Portal ~ My deviantArt
#
QUOTE (Skullmonkey @ June 18, 2009 08:43 pm)
QUOTE (posiden5665 @ June 18, 2009 09:09 pm)

people read it... someone just has to point them to the right page first. dry.gif

Agreed. I'm guilty of it too.

signature
user posted image

My Respect List.
Here
#
this should be an awesome new feature. Finally you are doing it. lol

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
#
Yay biggrin.gif Two questions spring to mind: 1/ will JS be usable (guessing yes) 2/ will the board variables be the ones for the whole board as we have them now or the full shibang like we get for the profile templates?

signature
There is a war going on for your mind. Those who seek to occupy it will stop at nothing. The battlefield is everywhere. There is no sanctuary. There are no civilians. You have two choices: surrender or enlist

Why do people feel the need to copyright codes in a way that prevents further editing. As long as the copyright remains intact your work is noted; allowing further editing/release spreads your name as a coder further and creates greater possibilities from something you created - that cannot be a bad thing. Next time you release a code, allow it to be modified and I won't set my zombie minions upon your cookie stash user posted image

My To-Do List

* I miss when this had stuff in it user posted image *

Or Check Out My Test Forum For All My Custom Codes/Skins!
Codes: 11 || Skins: 3 || Macro Sets: 3
#
1. Yes, of course

2. It will be the exact same variables you get with the board wrappers right now.

signature
#
How will the ACP show the pages? Kinda like how the skins are shown as a list or what?

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
#
Will there be two different editing ways (EX: Use BBcode style for like youtube videos and for less experienced peoples, and a mode for HTML?)

signature
Thanks,
JordanH

JcinkNet Family Grandpa
#
QUOTE (Gunblaza @ June 21, 2009 09:50 am)
How will the ACP show the pages? Kinda like how the skins are shown as a list or what?

As a list. I'll try to organize it the best I can. I have a few ideas and I'll post them soon.

Will there be two different editing ways (EX: Use BBcode style for like youtube videos and for less experienced peoples, and a mode for HTML?)

No. It will not support BBCode - to make maximum use of this feature you will obviously need to know HTML. Don't need the BBCodes messing with the HTML.

signature
#
Will people be able to use limited php on these pages, or just regular HTML?

I bolded the word limited, 'cause I don't think you'd want anyone using any PHP.
But I thought maybe you could limit what functions could and could not be used.

signature
Coming soon...
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll