Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Custom Pages [complete]
#
Nope. Limiting would be wayyyyyyyyyy too hard to do not to mention even with very very very limited you can get sensative information

signature
ΣAE
The True Gentlemen
#
Won't support PHP, sorry.

Between the wrapper variables and template bit include method I'm going to try to do, not having PHP shouldn't be too bad. I'll have a few pics and specifics on it for you guys soon.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Good Luck Jcink, im looking forward to this smile.gif

signature
Need a Code? I will help if I can =]
PM
#
Alright, I've worked out a lot of the system. Here's a run down of everything.

This is the index page, shows your pages, when they were modified, etc. Clicking on the links pops a new window to the board itself that shows you the page. Decided to exclude the hits and put the include keys there instead (I'll get to those in a minute).

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
Ok, here's the creation page. It's similar to what you all know already from board wrappers - except one thing. The include key. This is a simple concept where you can create a webpage file that has information that you wish to be able to cross-change on multiple pages. This draws from an earlier idea about global wrapper bits (I think I might be able to have this system work in conjunction with the wrappers - no promises right away though).

So let's say like this for example, you create your header. It has some links that you update periodically. Maybe a logo. An announcement box.

Give it a template key name of "headerbit", or whatever you want...

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
Now you can just create a new page, and rather than re-paste your header html again and again, just call the key!

It will automatically place your header text into the new page you're creating. Even if you create 100 webpages including the <% headerbit %> you created, when you update that headerbit web page file, the update instantly takes effect on all of them.

You can see how this can be extremely useful. In my example, I also added a footer one. Possibilities are endless.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
And so the finished result of my page(s) I created.

As you can see, you can also call the wrapper variables from within the include keys - all of that gets processed after it figures out what include keys you used so you're free to do whatever you want.

If anyone has any suggestions/questions/comments about how I've laid this out, let me know.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
^ DUDE! That's even better than I expected! biggrin.gif
Way to go Jcink! biggrin.gif

Now people can have customed homepages! laugh.gif

signature
Coming soon...
#
w0000t

signature
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
The "We" FactorThe mentioning of "we" in relation to the particular user and Jcink as if they both made the site when in reality, only Jcink has made, maintains, and all around owns the site.

Quotes"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself." Aaron Copland
"Sometimes, a song isn't just a song; it can be a memory, an emotion, and a single moment in time." - Sam
"Four of you have tried to kill me in the past. One of you succeeded." - Jack Sparrow

LinksMy Portal ~ My deviantArt
#
Looking very very nice Jcink good job

signature
ΣAE
The True Gentlemen
#
Yea Jcink that looks great, better than i expected it would be too.
Cant wait to use it... Good stuff! biggrin.gif
PM
#
You have an ETA Jcink?

signature
The "We" FactorThe mentioning of "we" in relation to the particular user and Jcink as if they both made the site when in reality, only Jcink has made, maintains, and all around owns the site.

Quotes"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself." Aaron Copland
"Sometimes, a song isn't just a song; it can be a memory, an emotion, and a single moment in time." - Sam
"Four of you have tried to kill me in the past. One of you succeeded." - Jack Sparrow

#
I've got a few things going on right now but probably sometime next week.

signature
#
sooner then i thought actually lol

signature

#
Might I say late this week or week-end because I'm not at home right now and I don't want to do a feature release like that. I will polish up the code though and work out the changes left to do, then launch it when I'm back.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll