Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Import & Export Skin Content [complete]
#
Going piece by piece here. I have this uploader working on my test board; and exports are active as well. This is the board wrappers section of the ACP; which is what I am finishing up first.

It supports uploading JUST an .xml file that contains wrapper data, or the whole skin .xml file. It automatically knows what to extract out of it. The same deal will be done next with the stylesheets page, and then the macro sets page, and of course, the skin sets page will have an uploader all its own to just up and import the entire skin.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Also I don't know if anyone cares or not but while I was at it, I decided to change the way the wrappers and stylesheets save changes. I hated the redirect to someplace else all the time, so now all it does is reload the page and put this at the top, and it keeps you on the page editing the stuff:

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ October 02, 2009 04:15 pm)
Also I don't know if anyone cares or not but while I was at it, I decided to change the way the wrappers and stylesheets save changes. I hated the redirect to someplace else all the time, so now all it does is reload the page and put this at the top, and it keeps you on the page editing the stuff:

I love it!!
#
Nice!

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ October 02, 2009 04:15 pm)

Thank You SO MUCH!!! This makes coding much easier smile.gif

signature
Need a Code? I will help if I can =]
PM
#
Ha, that got more of a reaction than I had expected. I agree it's pretty stupid how that was designed and should have been 'fixed' a long time ago. Happy to do it.

signature
#
Awesome again biggrin.gif Think that "extra" may well be the defining feature of this for me tongue.gif

signature
There is a war going on for your mind. Those who seek to occupy it will stop at nothing. The battlefield is everywhere. There is no sanctuary. There are no civilians. You have two choices: surrender or enlist

Why do people feel the need to copyright codes in a way that prevents further editing. As long as the copyright remains intact your work is noted; allowing further editing/release spreads your name as a coder further and creates greater possibilities from something you created - that cannot be a bad thing. Next time you release a code, allow it to be modified and I won't set my zombie minions upon your cookie stash user posted image

My To-Do List

* I miss when this had stuff in it user posted image *

Or Check Out My Test Forum For All My Custom Codes/Skins!
Codes: 11 || Skins: 3 || Macro Sets: 3
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ October 02, 2009 05:21 pm)
Ha, that got more of a reaction than I had expected. I agree it's pretty stupid how that was designed and should have been 'fixed' a long time ago. Happy to do it.

Yes, yes it should have been you slacker! ohmy.gif

But thanks for it as it was strange the old way.

signature
#
Same stuff is now coded for stylesheets and seems to be working well. I took the time to clean up the stylesheet file's code, removed the worthless "Show me where..." thing that didn't even work... and course made the no-redirect editing change.

Onward to the macros and complete skin set section now; but overall this project is nearly complete and will definitely be open for skin developers who want to test it soon.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
OOH! OOH! ME! ME!

signature
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
The "We" FactorThe mentioning of "we" in relation to the particular user and Jcink as if they both made the site when in reality, only Jcink has made, maintains, and all around owns the site.

Quotes"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself." Aaron Copland
"Sometimes, a song isn't just a song; it can be a memory, an emotion, and a single moment in time." - Sam
"Four of you have tried to kill me in the past. One of you succeeded." - Jack Sparrow

LinksMy Portal ~ My deviantArt
#
I'll test it too.
#
not yet, but ill put you guys on the tester list.

anyway, i finished the macros section too. full macro import/export and i've been working to make that part fool-proof so to speak. it's done now, all i need to do is the skin sets area, a few further cleanups, and i can release it for testing.

signature
#
I can test too. I have lots of stuff to test it with.

signature
Thanks,
JordanH

JcinkNet Family Grandpa
#
Alrighty, it's up. I did some testing with it myself and created a perfect copy of my white red skin on another board in just a few clicks.

You'll notice in the ACP you can export skins, use all of the new interface tweaks to the editing pages, etc, but you can't import yet. If you want import access, to try stuff out and help me test it, say so here and I'll add your board to the list.

Also, any feedback on the system is needed. Especially by skinners.

signature
#
great job jcink, seems to export great! =D Should make skinning so much easier!

signature
Need a Code? I will help if I can =]
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll