Pages: (13) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Assorted Feature Pack [complete]
#
These are some great ideas suggested over the last year. I will be working to try to add each one of them. A lot of them are useful but some are relatively small; so this topic is just going to be dedicated to all of them. They'll be worked on in no particular order.Additionally, if you have a specific already-made suggestion in feature suggestions that you want to call to my attention, and that you really need, go to the feature suggestions board and paste the link here. Make it the one you think is most important. Please don't paste features we declined, however.

I'll see if it can be fitted in since I haven't started work on this yet. I don't want to add too much to this, so don't be disappointed if I can't get it done during this round.

Removed UCP colors and Multiple File attachments

Not accepting any new suggestions to the list.

This post has been edited by Jcink: Oct 16 2010, 01:57 AM

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Ah man.....this is going to be awesome when it's finished!!!
#
Cool! I can't wait to see these features implemented. http://support.b1.jcink.com/html/store/icons/support/icon_smile.gif
PM
#
Just a Quick thing, If we have inline post moderation, why not just add topic forum inline moderation to?

signature
Thanks,
JordanH

JcinkNet Family Grandpa
#
QUOTE (Emporer Joe @ December 18, 2009 04:40 pm)
Just a Quick thing, If we have inline post moderation, why not just add topic forum inline moderation to?

We could, but there is already a code for that. Though I'd prefer it without the code and just let Jcink do it http://support.b1.jcink.com/html/store/icons/support/icon_smile.gif
#
wow i think i love you jcink =] best free forum board ever.

signature
Need a Code? I will help if I can =]
PM
#
What about the Topic Queue?

signature
user posted image
[Memento Mori/Remember You Are Mortal]
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

#
QUOTE (Ambience Underground @ December 18, 2009 09:21 pm)

What do you mean? Members can already be put on mod queue for topics and posts.

signature
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ December 18, 2009 09:50 pm)
QUOTE (Ambience Underground @ December 18, 2009 09:21 pm)

What do you mean? Members can already be put on mod queue for topics and posts.

I think he means the same thing Emp meant....where they can hide topics using the inline moderation tool for forums.
#
That may/may not be added in, I'll see.

signature
#
I meant putting a forum on "Moderate all new Topics and Replies" not actually queuing the topics >0>

signature
user posted image

#
QUOTE (Ambience Underground @ December 18, 2009 10:09 pm)
I meant putting a forum on "Moderate all new Topics and Replies" not actually queuing the topics >0>

The feature exists, but it's messed up with author names... that's a known bug that will be fixed in time... it happened sometime during changes to the Mod CP; but was not realized until many months later.

this thread is only about newer features. i will probably take a look at it though soon while i'm fishing in all of the files related to these updates.

signature
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ December 18, 2009 10:11 pm)
QUOTE (Ambience Underground @ December 18, 2009 10:09 pm)

The feature exists, but it's messed up with author names... that's a known bug that will be fixed in time... it happened sometime during changes to the Mod CP; but was not realized until many months later.

this thread is only about newer features. i will probably take a look at it though soon while i'm fishing in all of the files related to these updates.

Oh >0> When I do it, it makes another forum of the same name~

EDIT: Oh, okay, that was weird >0> It only happens when I do it, but when members do it, it works fine~

EDIT2: Oh I have one! How about a comment system on the Moderation Queue?

EDIT3: Or uh, allow Mods to edit from the "View Pending Post?"

EDIT4: And adding a title to Reports.

EDIT5: Or allowing more than one Mod/Admin to comment on Post Reports.

This post has been edited by Ambience Underground: Dec 18 2009, 10:32 PM

signature
user posted image

#
I'm looking for only one specific that you're looking forward to/really want... and that we already approved and discussed via the feature suggestions section.

not to turn this thread into an all out brand new suggestion topic.

I am not going to be cramming the update pack full of too many things, that is why I asked for that in the first post. Sorry if that seemed unclear. You have to make a new thread for those.

signature
#
I am not sure as to which of these are easiest, and I am by no means asking for all of these, however, I figured that I would post the ones that to me seemed less complex compared to the others on my list, and I put a * next to the ones I'd like to see happen very soon.

1-3*, (Details for number 2) 9-10, 12*, 20*, 24*-25, 31 36-37, 39*, 54*-57*

Number 3, is the ability to add color choices to the standard post colors, and the ability for users to choose their own post color via User CP, much like, how we can already specify our shoutbox post color. You said that this would be very doable. It would be nice if later on, this too, was a feature that could be purchased in the shop.*

Number 12, is the guest info box that disappears when you login. I really like the one that is currently on IPBfree, and that I have seen on other versions of IPB.*

Number 20, is post time in the last post area.*

Number 24, is timestamp and date in the shoutbox, where it would look similar to the shoutbox in suggestion 15.*

Number 39, is multi-choice polls.*

Number 54, is technically a detailed explanation of the latter half of request number 3.. rather than it is a suggestion itself. Which is, the ability to have a default post color and font style. I linked to the mod (although for IPB 2.1, but just as an idea of how it would work.. hopefully it can be modded to work with our version..) as well as the topic on Invisionize.

Number 55, is a second set of pagination links or the affiliates. Currently, you have to scroll all the way back up to the top to change pages.*

Number 56, is colored and/or stylized member titles. Like with number 3, this too would be a cool feature that could be bought from the shop.*

Number 57, is BBCode in shop item descriptions. Currently, you can only use BBCode in Category descriptions, and so, it would be great to be able to post links in the item descriptions, since some of the username effects I have, aren't currently compatible with the shop. I'd like to be able to post a link to the section, where members had purchased a certain effect, and then be linked to the area where they can post the details.

I believe that the features I'd like to see most on this list, are numbers 3 and 56. It was something that I have always wanted to do since I was on IF, and since I am getting the hang of the shop, and I'd like to offer more features to my members, I think that these would be the ones I'd like to see first.

Everything else, I have either gone without, and gotten used to it, (such as 12, 20, 24, 39, and 55) or have a temporary fix in mind until it is added as a feature (such as 57.)

This post has been edited by Black Angel: Dec 19 2009, 01:01 AM

signature
Twilight Cafe - No sparkly vampires. No topless werewolves. Just sick, twisted, horribly, horribly inapropriate FRIENDLY people.
user posted image

My Suggestions: 1-10, 11-13,14, 15, 16*, 17,18, 19?, 20,21, 22, 23-31, 32-40, 41-48, 49-53, 54-57, 58*, 59, 60,61,62*,63*,64*,65*,66, 67,68, 69

All of my suggestions in one thread. Updated as of 10/21/15

"There was one of two things I had a right to: liberty or death. If I could not have one, I would take the other, for no man should take me alive." -- Harriet Tubman
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (13) 1 2 3 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll