Pages: (13) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Assorted Feature Pack [complete]
#
Do you have any kind of updates on this Jcink?
#
No, sorry. sad.gif

In fact, I'm going to just close this thread. There will surely not be any work on this until around 2-3 weeks from now. I am sorry, but I just haven't had the time.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
REOPENED.

Making this happen now. smile.gif

signature
#
This is great. smile.gif

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
#
So what's the status report on this all again?
#
In development, almost nothing for it has been done besides concepts/screenshots.

signature
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ May 01, 2010 03:34 pm)
REOPENED.

Making this happen now. smile.gif

Wooohooo!
#
Namechanges via UserCP

Could this also be done via Mod CP for Super Moderators? And with what i already suggested permission tweaks for normal moderators would have the option:
Can change a members name via Mod CP? Yes or No
PM
#
Name changes will be approvable/deniable. I can certainly add the approve/deny options into the Mod CP.

signature
#
Coming along with the first on the list, not done but working on it.

Currently:

-> Will check the banned/reserved names list.
-> Will check the swear filters.

Options of course will include:

-> Sending a PM to admins to approve the name changes
-> Allowing name changes without approval
--> Possibly a throttle on how often a user can request the change... (not sure if i can work this into the database structure)

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
<3

signature
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

OFFICIAL THOMASBOXLEY.COM TEAMSPEAK TROLL AND MODERATOR
PM
#
Looks great, very clean setup.

signature
Cordially,
Taylor W | JFH Retired Administrator

Jcink - "I'm more hip and advanced than you will ever know."
taylor@jcink.com user posted image
#
Looks good Jcink!

Would like to see the feature to approve names added to the Mod CP instead of the PM. I would prefer the MCP variant.

Also the things with:
# Better Inline Moderation for posts
You would be faster if you would just add it instead of removing the Mod CP option. Also forum moderation with this?
# Bringing back staff name colors to the Shoutbox
Also inline moderation for the shoutbox?
PM
#
Box upgrades like that aren't happening this time around, sorry. I plan to do that singular fix to the box, but for the future there is going to be a redesign and recode of the entire thing. That's all I can say about it for now.

I do not know if we can fit a name bin in the Mod CP as well, I will have to see.

You would be faster if you would just add it instead of removing the Mod CP option. Also forum moderation with this?

The idea is not to be faster, it is to improve the service. It's not going to be much faster to add it to there either... Inline moderation for such things is the way to go... not to have the stuff in the Mod CP. 'Manage Forums' is going to be removed after the index and topics go inline. That area is a total mess in my opinion and it should have been made inline a very long time ago.

signature
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ May 5 2010, 08:32 PM)
Box upgrades like that aren't happening this time around, sorry. I plan to do that singular fix to the box, but for the future there is going to be a redesign and recode of the entire thing. That's all I can say about it for now.

I do not know if we can fit a name bin in the Mod CP as well, I will have to see.

The idea is not to be faster, it is to improve the service. It's not going to be much faster to add it to there either... Inline moderation for such things is the way to go... not to have the stuff in the Mod CP. 'Manage Forums' is going to be removed after the index and topics go inline. That area is a total mess in my opinion and it should have been made inline a very long time ago.

I would love to see it in the Mod CP instead of PM.

One question about this will you be able to mass prune/move and queue topics with the new inline moderation?
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (13) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll