Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

WYSIWYG Editor
#
Well I know Jcink tried this before to incorporate TinyMCE and some other WYSIWYGs but they didn't work so I have created one that will(most likely unless completely unforseen things happen) be the new WYSIWYG for us to use.

It has been made to be compatible with custom bbcodes and seems to work with all the ones I have tried so far.

It has the ability to switch back and forth between WYSIWYG and raw editing if you are one of them people that don't like the WYSIWYG.

Now even though it is basically done, minor bugs will have to be worked out, we need people to test this. It will be enabled on these boards for those who want to try it out. THIS IS AN OPT-IN TEST, you will not automatically have it enabled.

If you are testing this we need your feedback not just oh its good we want to hear what you actually think, don't worry I won't cry if you don't like it.
If you find any bugs and are web dev. savvy please give us the error string and line number if possible.

If you would like to be in this test please post below.

signature
ΣAE
The True Gentlemen
#
Known issues:

-> The old code buttons still show on the post page, and don't work. Doesn't matter right now that top area will be removed in the final release.

-> No support for Lists yet

-> Emoticons don't work. Will be fixed later.

-> Not all of our custom BBcodes are here. We know, again, will be added later.

-> Quotes look a bit odd. Working on the style.

You also have the option to only try it out on THIS board if you want on your account. Be specific with your request. It is not enabled for everyone here because I don't want any bugs to interfere with support, although it's really bug free in general right now.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
You know I wanna test it.

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
#
I'm glad to see this feature becoming a reality. I remember how much it sucked when we last tried it and it didn't work.

I would like to opt in. Didn't even know this was in the works.

signature
Cordially,
Taylor W | JFH Retired Administrator

Jcink - "I'm more hip and advanced than you will ever know."
taylor@jcink.com user posted image
#
Yeah me either, Opt me in wink.gif

signature
Thanks,
JordanH

JcinkNet Family Grandpa
#
Yes well not many people did know about it. In fact I don't think jcink knew till like 2 or 3 days ago

signature
ΣAE
The True Gentlemen
#
Enabled for all of you.

Also, yes. This was a semi secret project of his that he just came to me with out of the blue. A nice surprise. tongue.gif

signature
#
This Wysiwg is pretty awesome, Kinda slow loading to a degree though... Also whats with like all the bbcodes being all weird (there is 2 youtubes, bolds, ect.) Also On custom bbcodes will you have like an image?

signature
Thanks,
JordanH

JcinkNet Family Grandpa
#
two youtubes???

What you talking about? Please do take a screen cap or something

signature
ΣAE
The True Gentlemen
#
I don't see that at all. Seems to be off to a solid start so far. Not a fan of the styling, but thats a minor situation at the moment.

signature
Cordially,
Taylor W | JFH Retired Administrator

Jcink - "I'm more hip and advanced than you will ever know."
taylor@jcink.com user posted image
#
I'll gladly take part in testing.

signature
user posted image

My Respect List.
Here
#
QUOTE (posiden5665 @ May 27 2010, 05:05 PM)
What you talking about? Please do take a screen cap or something

A screencap is definitely needed because I see nothing of the sort. There are not two youtubes, or two of each BBcode.

It also loads quite fast for me... the code could be lighter but still.

signature
#
Yes it will be lighter soon. I will be working to take out as many lines as possible.

signature
ΣAE
The True Gentlemen
#
I'd like it too Jcink.
#
I meant as in there is the box above that has all of the bbcodes, but there are also bbcodes in the wysywyg editor...

So what I mean is basicly its the same as the old one, but the editor is there, and has all the bbcodes in it. I am guessing thats probably spossed to be that way. But anyhow. If you don't know what I mean I will attach one. I am kinda busy right now.

signature
Thanks,
JordanH

JcinkNet Family Grandpa
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll