Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Filemanager + Multi Attachments [complete]
#
I was wondering, if you place a check on one of the attached files then clicked Add to Post, does the attached image stuff gets placed on the bottom of your current post?

"Files can be deleted or inserted into a specific place within the post itself. (not required)"
PM
#
The add to post buttons are javascript. They're like BBCode.

They won't refresh the page. If you hit the checkbox and hit the add to post button it'll add it wherever you have your pointer set.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ Feb 12 2011, 04:26 PM)
If you hit the checkbox and hit the add to post button it'll add it wherever you have your pointer set.

Wait, does that mean where your mouse pointer points?
PM
#
No, sorry, I meant the blinking cursor in the textbox, sorry.

signature
#
Dev on this took a beating as it has already since the recovery. Totally threw me off. Going to try to get some stuff done for it today and tomorrow. Thing is, I've refocused some of my time into planning for an OS and server upgrade in March. Neverless, we'll see what can be done to get this out before February ends, or at least 90% completion.

signature
#
As I'm sure you've seen... there was no work done on this. I fell kind of ill with a cold and didn't feel up to coding anything about a day or so after I posted that. So much for a productive weekend.

Nevertheless, I've started up again.

From my 'work outline':
  • Make the 'add attachment' submit button do something.
  • Fix a few issues on the reply page with the upload processor bugging out.
  • Make multiple attachments work on new-topic
  • Fix the images of the file types; update them as well
  • Change bytes to something appropriate
  • Make 'Add to Post' buttons work
  • Make inline attachments e.g. [attachment=1] actually work.
  • Make a thumbnail generator for images that puts thumbs on the server if an option is set.
  • Go over the allowed file types; see what can be served safely directly (zips, pics, etc)
All that was crossed off got completed.

I'd like to say that multiple attachments are working just perfectly on my test forum for new replies, topics, editing, etc. I'd almost go as far to say that since all of that is functioning, the hard parts are out of the way.

I still have some general clean-up to go over and the rest of the above list, but most of it is silly. If I can set aside time it should only take a few days at most to finish the above.

Remember: even when the system is ironed out, I still can't add it until the filemanager is complete. this is due to specialized content that was added which will need it to be activated.

signature
#
Another good day for development, updated work sheet:

From my 'work outline':
  • Make the 'add attachment' submit button do something.
  • Fix a few issues on the reply page with the upload processor bugging out.
  • Make multiple attachments work on new-topic
  • Fix the images of the file types; update them as well
  • Change bytes to something appropriate
  • Make 'Add to Post' buttons work
  • Make inline attachments e.g. [attachment=1] actually work.
  • Make a thumbnail generator for images that puts thumbs on the server if an option is set.
  • Go over the allowed file types; see what can be served safely directly (zips, pics, etc)
All that was crossed off got completed. Yes, the list has almost been completely banged out. I spent much time just testing and messing with the system to try to break it and found bugs, all fixed. I still think there's an issue or two to clean up and look at but things are looking very good right now.

First off, I updated the icons to a more modern set provided by splitbrain.org (same place that we get our wiki). The second big accomplishment today was adding a good thumbnail/resize image generator.

In my attachment I demonstrate it, these are several huge photos that have been resized to 10% of the original dimensions. You'll be able to set at what points trigger the thumbnail creation and what percentage you want, I'm also still working out some sane defaults.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
Part 2 (sure would be nice to have multiple attachments...)

This is the fun part. The attachment's BBCode has also been created. Take a look at the backend post to the image above. I was able to position the images anywhere I wanted within my post; this time I put them alongside eachother.

Anyway, I'm going to continue to test the current system and then move forward with the filemanager. Progress being so superb has been great but we still need to be very careful to not break old attachments, etc.

More later when we have it.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
Looking good jcink. Hopefully people will remember we have img tags and not use the attachment bbcode over them.

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
#
This is wonderful news. Having features like this is why no other forum provider doesn't even come close to what Jcink can offer.
PM
#
I completely agree with you Chazz871. Jcink is the the best!!!
#
Looking great Jcink. This is very similar to the system we have in place on a site I administrate and I totally look forward to the upgrade. Have you given any thought to the 200Mb limit currently in place?

signature
user posted image
Global Director of Moderation for Gamereplays.org
PM
#
QUOTE (^Jack @ Mar 2 2011, 04:54 AM)
Have you given any thought to the 200Mb limit currently in place?

Yes, and there will be changes to the limit by the time it arrives.

signature
#
Okay, I've moved on to the filemanager. I already had some of this done so it's not all new, but now I'm just refining it. It doesn't have a lot of things like deletion, cleanup tools, filesize is wrong, etc, all of that will be developed but have a look so far anyway:

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
Very nice. Excellent work. Looking forward to its release.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll