Pages: (16) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Premium Service [COMPLETED]
#
I'm really looking forward to this, and I'm grateful you're willing to offer this service. ^_^ Would one be able to opt to keep the Jcink Hosting label on the bottom (maybe it would say Premium on it instead of free?)? I am wondering this because that's how people have discovered your service when they visited the board that I set up. As for the mature boards, how mature are we talking?

I'm looking forward to this. I'll definitely be getting premium for the board I'm working on. smile.gif

signature
user posted image
Call of Time, an Elder Scrolls roleplay
PM
#
I guess if one did want to keep it, it could be made an option or something if someone wants to show off they have premium. I just figure we'll hide it by default since I feel like if someone is paying regularly, our link shouldn't be in the footer.

There aren't going to be any restrictions on "mature" content as long as it's legal in the United States which is where our server resides.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (Rosalieart @ Jan 12 2013, 03:20 PM)
EDIT: Can there be a feature soon or maybe with this upgrade for automatic receipts letting PM senders know when their message has been opened/read?

There is actually already a code written for this in the meantime until it is made an actual service wide feature.

CODE
<script type="text/javascript">
if(location.href.match(/MSID=/i)){
for(var i = 0, a = document.getElementsByTagName('A'), b = a.length; i < b; i++){
if(a[i].href.match(/read_track=/i) && a[i].innerHTML.match(/Send/i)){
var aJax = XMLHttpRequest ? new XMLHttpRequest() : new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
aJax.open('GET', a[i].href, true);
aJax.onreadystatechange = function(){
if(aJax.readyState == 4 && aJax.status == 200){
a[i].parentNode.parentNode.innerHTML = aJax.responseText.split('<td class=\'row2\' style=\'text-align:right;\'>')[1].split('</td>')[0];
}}
aJax.send(null);
break;
}}}
</script>

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
#
Thanks, Crystal & Jcink, I didn't know about the code. :3

Would revenue from premium boards be enough to cover extra protection against DDoS attacks?
PM
#
This thread isn't really for discussion about DDoS funding although yes, but we also have ad revenue that funds the service but DDoS protection is difficult to deal with no matter how much money is thrown at it sometimes, so it's hard to really say.

We will get the DDoS problem sorted one way or another hopefully with or without premium funds. I made this thread not even thinking about that at all. It's just become a thorn in our side this week

signature
#
I always felt like a douchebag when I did ad-removal and was picking usergroups who still saw them to make the credits last longer so I am glad there's going to be premium when I don't have to make ad-or-not decisions.

PM
#
How much money will we be paying monthly if we indulge in the Premium Service?

signature
user posted image
PM
#
I don't have pricing finalized. I threw out some estimate 4 months ago, but it's still in the works. You'll see it on opening day. It's not going to be anything ridiculously limited and expensive.

signature
#
What payment options will there be for premium service?

PayPal? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ironclawx: Jan 21 2013, 12:26 AM
PM
#
I'm probably just derping and missing this, but is there an estimate of when premium will be released? Thanks!
PM
#
Yes, PayPal and we might later add straight credit card payments through Payflowlink (another paypal service).

signature
#
QUOTE (Natalie @ Jan 21 2013, 12:48 AM)
I'm probably just derping and missing this, but is there an estimate of when premium will be released? Thanks!

I can't give you an exact date or anything,sorry. Though, I said earlier:

I'm looking to get this out as soon as possible, preferably mid-feb or sooner

But it'll probably end up being a bit later than that at this point as I don't want to rush this release, and also have a more solid solution to our DDoS problems before this comes out. Since paying for downed service, even with attacks, is not fun.

signature
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ Jan 21 2013, 12:53 AM)
QUOTE (Natalie @ Jan 21 2013, 12:48 AM)

I can't give you an exact date or anything,sorry. Though, I said earlier:

I'm looking to get this out as soon as possible, preferably mid-feb or sooner

But it'll probably end up being a bit later than that at this point as I don't want to rush this release, and also have a more solid solution to our DDoS problems before this comes out. Since paying for downed service, even with attacks, is not fun.

Ah, yes, I did read that before! Totally forgot. And yeah, I wasn't looking for an exact date or anything, just wondering what you had in mind. Thanks so much!
PM
#
We thought it would be appropriate to update users on this. The fact is, a lot of the work for it is completed, but we're not comfortable with bothering to offer premium service at this point in time because of endless complications with the filtering service that continue to cause downtime, false positives, and other problems.

Expecting a monthly fee in this environment is simply not going to work, and we know that.

We think it's more important to work on finding a stable solution to the DDoS attacks against our user's forums rather than try to offer premium service right now. We wanted to have this done by mid-February but clearly that time has passed and since mid-January or around the very time that this thread was posted, we've been suffering ever since.

Premium is postponed for the moment until we get a handle on stabilizing the service. After that happens, we'll be able to quickly get premium service options installed. For now, however, we'll use the time to work on other features instead.

Apologies to anyone who was looking forward to having it soon but you're just going to have to sit tight while we work things out.

signature
#
Damn. I personally would still pay for premium, as I haven't noticed much downtime, especially compared to some other forum hosting services.

Oh well, guess we'll have to wait. Any idea how far off it'll be? I'm assuming it it wouldn't be longer than a year to wait?
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (16) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll