Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Official Resource Forum [COMPLETED]
#
kljbsvfkj kgubs you have no idea how excited I am for this.
How long will the opening contests be running for?
PM
#
The opening contest for the Premium software is going to run until we have the three (3) winners.

The other challenges and contests will be run periodically each month, the challenges for Graphics, Writing, Coding, Skinning, etc. will be running all the time for people to win those featured spots. The same with the Directory Spotlight contest that will run each month.

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
#
No worries!
Maaaaan, I'm so impatient for this <3
I'll probs only start submitting resources on the jcink resource forum, and resource forums that will allow me to have a link to a credits page that then links to their forum, rather than direct linking to my account on every resource site I post on >>' that just makes things ugly D;
PM
#
I completely understand that. I will only be submitting graphics and providing graphics resources and requests on the JFH Resource forum.

We will also probably be moving all of the resources from the support forum over so that this forum can be better organized and used for support. It's been discussed and we're working on organizing it to work out well with everything. It'll make it easier on those of us who actively provide support in finding old topics with the same issues and such.

I think personally also it will help people new to the Jcink software learn it faster and be able to find things for their forums easier. Especially people coming from Proboards or Icyboards that use different slightly outdated software.

signature

user posted image
DeviantArt
#
That's cool to hear. I will laso be making skins for the JFH forums and also submitting them to the Resources forum. That and on my forums, I will also be creating some forum tutorials for beginners for different forum hosters that use different forum software (or outdated version of a form software), including Jcink's.
#
That is a cool idea, mnik.
PM
#
Since Premium is postponed, will this be postponed as well? I know that I, for one, was very much looking forward to a resource/directory. I understand and respect the decision to postpone Premium (and I think it is a wise decision), but I would hate to see this lost in time as well. Right now, Jcink is losing a lot of its members due to downtime, so a resource/directory to strengthen the community and help people with their forums would be much appreciated.
PM
#
This is still under development. At this time though we have not discussed delaying the opening of this however it will be discussed and decided soon. When it is I will post an official update on that in this topic.

To be quite honest this forum is nearly complete aside from some small features Jcink wishes to implement to make running a resource forum easier. We've discussed this and he plans on implementing these features in the time he would have been working on the Premium more. So despite the development and release of Premium being on hold several other useful features will be coming out.

One of these is obviously the Change Poster one which is nearly complete and works fantastically. I've seen this in action and am very excited to be able to use it for my own roleplay sites. So I guarantee users are going to love it and it will be very useful for Admins when staff or Mods change on your forums.

signature

user posted image
DeviantArt
#
Do we have an estimated time? I know a large resource site is closing, and people might be looking for a new home.
PM
#
Jcink and I are discussing this still, we want to implement/change about six new features, and of course upgrade some to make a resource forum easier to run on this service. I would like to shoot for April 1st, but I am not going to put a time limit or give an opening date on it until we finalize the features discussion and both work out a good time frame. Because as any of you know setting up an entirely new forum isn't always easy and this one needs a lot to be the best it can be and I will not give anyone less than the best.

Out of curiosity though, which large resource forum is fixing to close? I am on most of the more popular ones and haven't heard anything about a closing on any of them, I do know a few are having problems with staffing and things, but other than that it doesn't seem to have prompted closing of any of those yet.

signature

user posted image
DeviantArt
#
    RCR is closing its door on March 20th. They posted an announcement last week I think. I can't remember when exactly.

I'm excited about this though. Even though I'm going to be losing internet for who-knows-how-long, it'll be pretty awesome to come back and have an official resource community.
#
Yeah, last week they posted. Its a very sad event, and one of the reasons I'm so much more excited for the official resource forum. Ive had to find a new home for my free resources in the meantime (one that has promotions for coders, because I really like knowing how my skills are rated http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4283/smiliehu4.gif ).

Anywho, looking forward to getting a ETA on opening, and glad that it wont be postponed because of the delays with premium! (because, really, a contest to win premium service can always be held after the resource forum is open)
PM
#
QUOTE (they-go @ Feb 25 2013, 11:04 PM)

Anywho, looking forward to getting a ETA on opening, and glad that it wont be postponed because of the delays with premium! (because, really, a contest to win premium service can always be held after the resource forum is open)

We completely agree with this. And we have discussed postponing merely the contest and we will have something to report by the end of the week on this.

signature

user posted image
DeviantArt
#
Update.

This forum is still being worked on and we have finalized the list of features we will be implementing to enhance the resource forum and the service overall, all we have to do now is actually implement them.

With the service and the DDoS issues becoming more stabilized we are still looking to work on Premium Mode and hoping to release these at the same time, however if the features and the resource forum are completed before that feature is available and worked out then we will open it and suspend the initial contest for the Premium Mode time until that is complete and then the contest will be held for the same prizes.

If the initial contest is post-poned we will host another contest upon opening for a different prize. At this time we still do not have an official release date on the forum however if you keep track on this topic as a reward for members of the support forum a week before opening ten (10) members will be given early access to the forum to post their forums directory listings, graphics, coding, etc. galleries, and other resources or discussion topics.

How these ten (10) members will be chosen is a secret at this time. tongue.gif

signature

user posted image
DeviantArt
#
Oh that is exciting :3
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll