Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Few questions
#
*if this is best fit elsewhere, feel free to move!*

1. I know "obscenity" could potentially be a problematic thing for Jcink Premium, since it allows adult content. I checked the premium TOS and nothing on there mentions anything about "obscenity" (I'm going by Miller's Test (court case in the 1970s) that defined "obscene":
The Miller test was developed in the 1973 case Miller v. California. It has three parts:

Whether "the average person, applying contemporary community standards", would find that the work, taken as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest,
Whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct or excretory functions specifically defined by applicable state law,
Whether the work, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.
The work is considered obscene only if all three conditions are satisfied.

So basically my question here is this, is there anything that keeps Jcink Premium users safe from someone wanting to file a lawsuit against "obscenity" if their site has material on it that could be considered "obscene", even with the age restriction/minimum active on the site?

2. If you buy a domain for your site, I'm guessing you still get the regular Jcink admin CP access to it? I've been debating about this, but have been unsure of how the site CP might change if I buy a domain and give it to a Jcink site that I have been working. I've NEVER bought a domain before for any site, so I'm totally new to how all of this works (domain stuff) ^^;

This post has been edited by Kumo: Feb 8 2017, 07:15 PM

signature
RP Genres I love: Historical Fiction, Arranged Marriage, Mutants (Xmen), Vampires, Anime (message for specific); Jcink/IF preferance; your site fit this? Hit me up with a PM user posted image
YA Book Feedback Wanted!
Survey, 100% Anonymous (Google Docs) Sexual Orientation!
*New*My Tumblr!

Help me grow my pokemon user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
#
So basically my question here is this, is there anything that keeps Jcink Premium users safe from someone wanting to file a lawsuit against "obscenity" if their site has material on it that could be considered "obscene", even with the age restriction/minimum active on the site?

No.

Nothing keeps anyone safe from filing a lawsuit. Someone can file a lawsuit because they were offended by something they saw on the internet, doesn't have to be sexual or not. Will they is another story. I know that sounds blunt, sorry but the fact is I can't give any legal advice on this subject. I'm not qualified. But, I think making every reasonable effort to protect minors and those who do not want to see such content helps a lot. Having mature content protected by the system's restrictions certainly makes a lot of sense.

You can use your domain name to access the admin cp; eg it would be yourdomain.com/admin.php

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Alright, thank you http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
RP Genres I love: Historical Fiction, Arranged Marriage, Mutants (Xmen), Vampires, Anime (message for specific); Jcink/IF preferance; your site fit this? Hit me up with a PM user posted image
YA Book Feedback Wanted!
Survey, 100% Anonymous (Google Docs) Sexual Orientation!
*New*My Tumblr!

Help me grow my pokemon user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll