Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Turning Off Sigs In Specific Forums & PMs [SOLVED]
#
Is this possible? I did a cursory search, but didn't come across anything. I could've missed it since I didn't dig real deep or anything. Even if it's not possible in the ACP is there code that could do it, perhaps?

I'd basically like to make it so signatures don't play in certain forums I designate(ie ones where we post resources, for examples) and in PMs.
PM
#
As far as I have been able to tell, this isn't possible.

signature
user posted image user posted image user posted image
#
Try adding the following to remove signatures from PMs: (add it to the bottom of your Stylesheet)

.msg-normal .signature {display: none}

For forums, add the following to the forum rules: (let me know if you need instructions on how to do that)

<style>.signature{display:none}</style>

This post has been edited by owl: Jun 19 2017, 03:31 PM

signature
user posted image
#
Both of those worked. Thank you so much!
PM
#
QUOTE (owl @ Jun 19 2017, 03:30 PM)

For forums, add the following to the forum rules: (let me know if you need instructions on how to do that)

<style>.signature{display:none}</style>

So, for reasons I can't explain, this doesn't seem to be working? I can't figure out why either. All I did was put it on the actual forum I want to use it on instead of my test. I inserted it in each forum rules section under the boards where I wanted it to make sigs poof.
PM
#
Can you link to one of the boards where you've inserted the code and it's not working?

signature
user posted image
#
Here: storia

It along with all its subforums and their subforums has the code. But if you look at a post by Livie you'll see the sig she has is still there.
PM
#
On the page where you added the code (I'll include a screenshot just to make sure we're all on the same page) make sure you have "Display Method" set to "Show full text" - in addition to that, make sure there is a title added. If you don't actually want a title, you can make it something like:

<span></span>

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
user posted image
#
Oh my, I feel so silly lol okay it works now. Thank you!
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll