Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Store and points question
#
Hi all,

I just realized, that we could maintain and list the points we give to users with the store system, (yeah, I know, wow) but the problem is that we already have a counting system set up, which would give 1 point to the users for every 4 posts. Is there a way to put in a fraction number into the "Amount of Points to give Per a Reply" field?

To modify the amount of points given per posts, we would have to recalculate our whole system, and I wouldn't really like to do that, it would be a massive piece of work, as we have abilities and the users have claimed abilities, items that would all have to be recounted.

Thank you in advance!
PM
#
The points field in the database is not setup at all to allow fractions (decimals) but it might not be too hard for me to change if all I have to do is modify the column for your board's database specifically. I don't know if it's that easy though. I'll try this on a test board and let you know what happens.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
becky017 I tested the change and it seemed to work fine. I need to know, however, what is the highest / richest user on the forum? so i can make sure the change I make will not wipe out their credits.

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Jun 5 2017, 04:01 PM)
becky017 I tested the change and it seemed to work fine. I need to know, however, what is the highest / richest user on the forum? so i can make sure the change I make will not wipe out their credits.

Wow, John, that would be amazing! Do not worry about the richest member, I will have to update everyone's starting points manually anyways, so just go ahead and make the change.

However I believe the richest user has 1525 points at the moment (ID: 26).

Thank you so much again, this helps a bunch!

This post has been edited by becky017: Jun 5 2017, 10:31 AM
PM
#
becky017 what is your board link

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Jun 5 2017, 04:59 PM)
becky017  what is your board link

Sure, sorry, haha it's freakuency.jcink.net
PM
#
becky017 ok, I am ready to make this change but I just need you to put in a support ticket (security/verification and all) via the root account of the board to confirm the change. Sorry, I should have thought about that earlier but once that's done it will take 1 min to complete.

signature
#
John thank you, no problem at all, I am in no rush, really. The ticket has now been sent to you I suppose. Hope I did it right, I haven't sent a ticket before. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif
PM
#
QUOTE (becky017 @ Jun 9 2017, 05:45 PM)
John thank you, no problem at all, I am in no rush, really. The ticket has now been sent to you I suppose. Hope I did it right, I haven't sent a ticket before.  http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

not trying to be a pain John, but did my ticket get through?
PM
#
Sorry for the delay! Yes it did and I have completed it. Please try entering a value such as 0.25 for the per-post value now

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Jun 20 2017, 05:00 AM)
Sorry for the delay! Yes it did and I have completed it. Please try entering a value such as 0.25 for the per-post value now

No, it does not save the new input. I tried both 0.25 and 0,25 formats http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/unsure.gif It keeps modifying my input to 25.

This post has been edited by becky017: Jun 20 2017, 03:09 AM
PM
#
becky017 try now.

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Jun 20 2017, 09:36 PM)
becky017 try now.

Sorry. It did allow me to save it now, but it wouldn't count the new posts as that much? I also used the Recounter option but nothing. If anything, it just made everyone lose points, but that's not that importent, since the system is not introduced yet. But anyhow, I did try to make posts with an account on the site, to see if the number increases and it doesn't
PM
#
Which account did you use? I wouldn't have used the recounter option as it hasn't been tested with this feature (but I didn't warn you about it so no worries) but it still shouldn't have messed anything up. That number should have increased in decimal form -- let me check it from the database end. What account did you do this from?

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Aug 18 2017, 01:19 PM)
Which account did you use? I wouldn't have used the recounter option as it hasn't been tested with this feature (but I didn't warn you about it so no worries) but it still shouldn't have messed anything up. That number should have increased in decimal form -- let me check it from the database end. What account did you do this from?

I used my own admin account (not root admin though) to set it which is ID #28, kaktusz.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll