Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Category Collapse Editing
#
So I've been working tonight on editing my board layout, largely with the aim that I don't like small targets for navigating, so I made large sections of my forum rows clickable instead of just the forum name, etc. Of course, in the same vein, the tiny +/- collapse sign (especially being invisible until you're near it) is not ideal for me.

So my goal with the Category template was to make the entire row clickable instead. (Actually, my first attempt was to figure out if I could make the categories tabbed instead of a single list with collapsible sections, based on a code I liked back on a 2010 v4 Proboards forum I was on for a while, but the way the category template works made that seem unlikely. If anyone has such a code as an alternate answer to this that'd be even more appreciated, but since my hopes aren't high moving on to the more feasible request, heh.)

So I did get the entire bar clickable at one point... but it made the entire bar disappear when clicked, too. xD Like the whole category poofed off the page. It would reappear in collapsed position upon reloading the page but... not really what I was going for, as much as it amused me.

I compromised to get only most of the bar clickable instead, and that works! Aside from a small issue, at least.

While the whole length of the bar can be clicked from a fresh page load, once clicked the category name disappears along with the clickability, and both are replaced by the + or - sign on the far left side (and the wrong one at that, although the correct bar will load when the page is refreshed).

So my question is, where and how do I edit how the collapse code behaves after that first click? How do I make the bar correctly change on click and retain the wider clickable area I put into the initial one?

-- Board Link Here
#
What does your category header template look like? If you change it to this default, does the bar look correct?

CODE
<div class="tableborder category" id="cat-<!-- |cat_id| -->">
<div class='maintitle<!-- |collapsed_class| -->' align='left'>
<span style='float:right;'><a href='#' onclick='catcollapse("<!-- |cat_id| -->");return false;' id='main_<!-- |cat_id| -->'><!-- |collapse_img| --></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
<{CAT_IMG}><a href="index.php?c=<!-- |cat_id| -->"><!-- |cat_name| --></a></div>
<div id='cat_<!-- |cat_id| -->' style="<!-- |collapsed_style| -->">
       <!-- The markup generated by Custom Structure (1.8.x) begins here. -->
       <div id="category-<!-- |cat_id| -->" class="new-category">
       <% FORUM_ROWS %>
       </div>
</div>
</div>
<br class='cat-lb' />

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
... xD; Using the one you posted made it uh... not quite right.

Using the default listed in the wiki, the bar displays "correctly", and properly changes to faded or opaque at the correct time, but doesn't look or act how I want it to. My current category header template is:

CODE
<div class="tableborder category" id="cat-<!-- |cat_id| -->">
 <div class='maintitle<!-- |collapsed_class| -->' align='left'><a href='#' onclick='catcollapse("<!-- |cat_id| -->");return false;' id='main_<!-- |cat_id| -->'><div style="width:100%;height:100%;">
<{CAT_IMG}><!-- |cat_name| --></div></a></div>
<div id='cat_<!-- |cat_id| -->' style="<!-- |collapsed_style| -->"><table style="padding:0px 7px 0px 7px;width:100%;background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255,255,255,0.2) 0%, rgba(255,255,255,0.2) 100%);background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255,255,255,0.2) 0%, rgba(255,255,255,0.2) 100%);background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255,255,255,0.2) 0%, rgba(255,255,255,0.2) 100%);background-repeat:repeat-x;"><tr><td>
     <table width="100%" border="0" style="background:transparent!important;" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2"><tr><td colspan="5" style="height:1px;"></td></tr>
<% FORUM_ROWS %>
     </table></td></tr></table>
</div>
</div>
<br class='cat-lb' />

What I'm looking to do is get it to behave the same way after clicking as I have it before. The immediate change between faded and opaque bars would be really nice, but is less necessary. I want to remove the tiny fading +/- icons from the bar (they're currently gone from the immediate display but appear after toggling), keep the category name in place, and have most or all of the bar always a clickable target.

This post has been edited by SG~: Sep 8 2017, 12:05 AM
#
(Bump)
#
To clarify, I probably don't need to know 'how' to fix it, just where. The category template area doesn't include the script that makes the collapse function, and I don't see it in the board wrappers though I might be overlooking it. If the code isn't accessible at all, knowing that for certain would also be appreciated.
#
(I'm really sorry to keep bumping.)
#
I apologize for not replying to this but I don't have a solution to your problem at this time and every time I look to play with it; I end up not having any results so I don't post. So it's not that I'm ignoring you (don't want you to feel that way) it's that I just don't know.

It's not a system bug, I can confirm that much but there is something I'm simply not seeing with your template. I don't understand why it's not behaving correctly with the expand/collapse feature.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll