Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Disabling colors/font sizes in posts
#
Hi everyone! A quick follow up to my previous post here - my members continue to make their text unreadable and I'd like to know if there's a similar way to disable the size and color dropdown boxes. Thanks in advance!
PM
#
There might be a CSS in there somewhere? I'm not sure though as I'm new at this host. John will be aple to tell you if there's a CSS code you can change.

The only way I can think of if you're admin is to edit their posts to remove the font size and color BB Codes, although having to do this all the time would be a pain.

In the mean time wait for John to reply to this post to see if there actually is a CSS you can edit.
PM
#
    Look for the CSS code John gave you in that other topic, and replace it with this:

CODE
    select.codebuttons:nth-child(4), select.codebuttons:nth-child(5), select.codebuttons:nth-child(6) {
       display: none;
    }

Should work.
PM
#
That only hides the menus though, and since the size and color BB codes aren't exactly complex, they can still be misused. Out of curiousity, what happens if you create a custom BB code that does nothing, and re-use the color and size tags?
PM
#
QUOTE (Dusty @ Jun 20 2017, 09:57 PM)
That only hides the menus though, and since the size and color BB codes aren't exactly complex, they can still be misused. Out of curiousity, what happens if you create a custom BB code that does nothing, and re-use the color and size tags?

Sorry to chime in without something more concrete, but this is a good point and worth trying! I over-ride all the link codes used with custom BBcode on my site and it works like a charm.

signature
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll