Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Random posts or rolls?
#
Heya! I was wondering if there is/if anyone has a script that gives a way to either have a chosen account post a pre-generated message randomly in threads within specified forums or a way to code something like a dice roll into all posts in a specified forum such that a "failed" roll will not appear but a "successful" roll will append something like a sprite and a short message like "You earned/found a chest/gold amount! admin"

I don't want it to necessarily add anything to or affect profiles at all, but I'd like to have some kind of set up where members posting in threads have a chance of earning currency/goods/etc per post in (in this case) in character forums that then tags an admin (me) so that I can add necessary info to their profiles or wherever. Ideally, the player wouldn't be able to edit this text themselves -- so i'm thinking maybe some kind oa script set up in html post templates? but I don't know coding well enough to set something like that up.

If such a thing is available, i'm looking for it/would love to see it! if it's something that can be coded, I may be able to commission it to be done, potentially, depending on prices. :3

example for hopeful clarity! if the below is the thread, then i'd like the posts to go something like this:

[post is here, accessible by member]
[either the random post or the roll with message -- does not appear if failed roll]

[next person's post, accessible by that person]
[either the random post or the roll with message -- does not appear if failed roll]

thanks!
PM
#
Just posting to say that I have not personally seen any feature or code like this out there. There are a few approaches I can think of to make this work using the template system but they will require external web hosting and a database.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Gah, that's a shame. I'l likely stick to rolling for success by hand then and do it on a per thread basis rather than per post, since the roll bbcode can be edited. oh well, thanks anyway!
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll