Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Custom Pages [complete]
#
Thank you jcink

This post has been edited by Gunblaza: Jul 7 2009, 02:24 PM

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
#
small bug:
Posted Image (Reduced size. Click thumbnail to expand)
User posted image
notice the skin selector... thats using this code:
CODE
Sure! You can fly! Just jump off a building and flap your arms!<br />
NOTE: Trying this may result in death. It is not advised to try.

might wanna add a linebreak or 3 wink.gif

signature
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
The "We" FactorThe mentioning of "we" in relation to the particular user and Jcink as if they both made the site when in reality, only Jcink has made, maintains, and all around owns the site.

Quotes"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself." Aaron Copland
"Sometimes, a song isn't just a song; it can be a memory, an emotion, and a single moment in time." - Sam
"Four of you have tried to kill me in the past. One of you succeeded." - Jack Sparrow

LinksMy Portal ~ My deviantArt
#
Not a bug. The dropdown var intentionally doesn't have any linebreaks around the menu so it can be fitted wherever someone wants it.

Thanks anyway though.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Do you think you could make the URL's more friendly?

For example if the page was called Test then the link would be
"/index.php?act=Test"

signature
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
#
a conflict with that is that it could clash with other pages then. such as the store, arcade, and all that... its not too bad... ?act=Pages&kid=test

signature
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
The "We" FactorThe mentioning of "we" in relation to the particular user and Jcink as if they both made the site when in reality, only Jcink has made, maintains, and all around owns the site.

Quotes"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself." Aaron Copland
"Sometimes, a song isn't just a song; it can be a memory, an emotion, and a single moment in time." - Sam
"Four of you have tried to kill me in the past. One of you succeeded." - Jack Sparrow

LinksMy Portal ~ My deviantArt
#
QUOTE (leafsfan7 @ July 07, 2009 04:49 pm)
Do you think you could make the URL's more friendly?

For example if the page was called Test then the link would be
"/index.php?act=Test"

Sorry, but no.

It has to be act=Pages for the reasons skullmonkey stated. The pages module keeps all user-created pages under it.

It could be done with more effort, but I also don't feel like ripping out IPBs includes to get it like that either. The links are not that bad in my opinion.

signature
#
Thanks JCink, this is gonna help me alot. How exactly do I enable this?

signature
user posted image
PM
#
QUOTE (Karma @ July 07, 2009 06:39 pm)
Thanks JCink, this is gonna help me alot. How exactly do I enable this?

Hopefully the new wiki page and announcement should help with that, if not, just direct further comments to this thread:

http://forum.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic...indpost&p=95882

I will now close this topic since the dev period for this is over, thanks everyone!

signature
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ClosedNew TopicNew Poll