ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Current JCINK dark skin -- mobile weirdness
#
Hey JCINK, just wanted to let you know that the dark skin looks like

https://forum.jcink.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=06

this to me for the last two days. At first I thought it was an april fools joke but then the regular skin works just fine?

----

I actually don't think this is a bug but didn't know where else to post this? I haven't changed anything on my website for months. Yesterday I was getting reports from several members (all android tech users) that my site no longer works on their phone. They can't touch anything, scroll, it bounces around, or doesn't load at all. This was in mobile mode, desktop mode, chrome browser and FF browser. When I asked one to test Safari browser Chrome magically started working but I'm afraid this is something that won't last.

I'm mostly asking a question here, do we know if anything was updated/done that could NOW be conflicting with codes installed on my site causing this? And not JUST JCINK, I have cbox installed, maybe its them? I'm mostly looking for insight, as I said, I know its not MY specific site and I don't think its actually a JCINK problem but I feel like something got borked along the chain that's out of my hands. I hate not having answers XD.

Thanks for any guidance/help <3

signature
user posted image
Brent Weeks AU // Modern Fantasy
#
The 1st issue is because of HTTPS/ I was not aware that the dark skin was broken (I did not check it) -- but this is one of the reason we are not forcing HTTPS on this fourm yet. No worries though, it should be working now -- I just fixed the CSS resource links to use HTTPS and not HTTP. It may not be perfect, however, will have to check it out further to make sure it's compatible with HTTPS. We did not do april fools this year, so no, it was not that.

I actually don't think this is a bug but didn't know where else to post this? I haven't changed anything on my website for months. Yesterday I was getting reports from several members (all android tech users) that my site no longer works on their phone. They can't touch anything, scroll, it bounces around, or doesn't load at all. This was in mobile mode, desktop mode, chrome browser and FF browser. When I asked one to test Safari browser Chrome magically started working but I'm afraid this is something that won't last.

I'm mostly asking a question here, do we know if anything was updated/done that could NOW be conflicting with codes installed on my site causing this? And not JUST JCINK, I have cbox installed, maybe its them? I'm mostly looking for insight, as I said, I know its not MY specific site and I don't think its actually a JCINK problem but I feel like something got borked along the chain that's out of my hands. I hate not having answers XD.

Thanks for any guidance/help <3

Link to board in question will help to debug this issue. However, no, nothing has been updated or changed that would cause anything like this. However, it is possible that something changed on their devices or phones -- ie, an update, and now it's not compatible with your skin. I have not heard anything from anyone else as well , pretty sure people would be breaking down my door right now if android on mobile was not generally working.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I figured as much but I'd like to cover all my bases before just assuming /nod

black-prism.net

and thank you as always for being there for your users, it's greatly appreciated (even if the answer has nothing to do with you xD)

signature
user posted image
Brent Weeks AU // Modern Fantasy
#
I can confirm, at the moment, that on iPhone 6 plus in safari the issue is fine. Do not have a physical android device on me to test this out so I will probably see if i can fire up bluestacks later on.

signature
#
No feedback or not enough feedback was provided for this bug for over a week, so it is being marked as solved. If you are able to provide the information that was originally requested, please do so and make a new thread if you are still having issues.

signature
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Bug Reports | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll