Pages: (80) « First ... 76 77 78 79 80  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

HTML Templates / Custom Forum Templates
#
QUOTE (John @ Apr 22 2017, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (CamilleNicole @ Apr 18 2017, 07:56 PM)
I don't know if it's just me - or if you missed my post in a different thread. But the <!-- |parent_id| --> variable does not seem to work.

QUOTE (John @ Apr 17 2017, 08:09 PM)
Beegrenades

parent_id is a variable in main profiles. but I realized the wiki has not been updated to reflect this.

I have now updated it

https://jcink.com/main/wiki/jfh-html-templates#main_profiles

https://xxstealyourheart.jcink.net/index.php?showuser=2
At first, I thought it was just the fact that I was putting it in the link that was messing up - but that wasn't the case because I also have the variable outside of the link...

How about now? There was a problem with it apparently, it wouldn't work in certain instances but I believe it should be fine now.

It works fine for me now! Thank you so much. Would it be feasible to add a parent_name variable too? Sorry for just thinking of that now ^^'
PM
#
Yes it might, will definitely look into it.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Would it be possible to get <!-- |awards_total| --> for the mini profile?

signature
user posted image
#
Yes indeed.

signature
#
Would it be possible if we can get a option if we can have a new post HTML template name so that we can edit the post layout?

signature
#
Will be considered for the future.

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Apr 25 2016, 08:37 PM)
Oh, so basically you have entire categories of forums / sections using a different HTML template. I have a good idea to help you handle this. I'll try to throw in the cat_id variable if possible. This way, you will be able to do some conditionals for your categories directly in the template.

Something like, for example, if your OOC forum is in category ID #2:

CODE
<script>if('<!-- |cat_id| -->' == 2) {
document.write("forum template for OOC category");
} else {
document.write("standard template");
} </script>

Add elseif { } conditionals for additional custom category ID based forum row HTML templates. Is it using javascript, which I bashed a bit in the first post? Yes, but it's minimal and will be very quick and efficient.

BeyondJaded makes sense/simple?

Would it be possible to apply this code to multiple categories using the same code? For example, if you wanted categories 2, 3, and 4 to look the same:

CODE
<script>if inArray ('<!-- |cat_id| -->' == 2,3,4) {
document.write("forum template for OOC category");
} else {
document.write("standard template");
} </script>

Just making it so you don't have to code the same thing over and over for separate categories. I actually use this for forums (replacing "cat_id" with "forum_id") and I have several, so it gets a little lengthy when you have to repeat the same code - can it be simplified?
PM
#
Absolutely and I agree. It can be simplified of course using a check to see if it's in array or simply with OR.

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ May 8 2017, 05:40 PM)
Absolutely and I agree. It can be simplified of course using a check to see if it's in array or simply with OR.

Awesome, thank you so much!
PM
#
Is there a variable for the postlinksbar?
#
QUOTE (Redheaded Beauty @ Jun 15 2017, 08:47 PM)
Is there a variable for the postlinksbar?

Unless I'm confused, I think that's directly above the template and, as such, included there automatically, so I don't /think/ there's a variable. Are you worried it won't be there, or are you trying to move it? Because you might be able to use Javascript to append it, or something.

signature
user posted image
#
There isn't one. But if you want to create your own version of it, it should be straight forward. I will provide an example if you need.

signature
#
Oh that would be wonderful John thank you so much an example would be great!
#
This may already exist and I simply don't see the variable for it but - would it be possible to get a variable for Moderator Comments for the Main profile?

signature
user posted image
PM
#
I am unaware of a moderator comments feature. What are you referring to?

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (80) « First ... 76 77 78 79 80  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll