Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Editing a post ate it
#
This was in quick-edit. Is there any way to possibly get it back? It was our face claim, so it was pretty involved.
Ugh, I tried to recreate it in another location in case it can't be recovered and it ate it again. I don't know what I'm doing, but I've edited this claims list a number of times recently and had no issues and now I'm worried about content disappearing cause I just launched a site. Any idea what I might be doing to have this keep happening?
Thank goodness! Looks like Chrome had a backup so maybe it'll help figure out what's going on but every time I edit it, it gets eaten.
CODE
I snipped this because it had code tags within code tags and was a mess.

This post has been edited by owl: May 19 2017, 03:04 PM

signature
user posted image
#
Wow, that should not have happened, especially after my recent update.

Please pastebin a copy of it so that I can both a.) see what's eating it and b.) improve the vanish prevention

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Okay, so I figured it out, actually. It was because I tried to tag a member with the following name:

CODE
@[*M*]

I thought it was because there were some complicated codes in the face claim, but as I went trough it (I think my back-up confused the tags for a bit and I had to clean it up) that was the only thing that threw it for a loop. Weird.

Let me know if you need anything else, though - I'm happy to provide any extra info and glad I at least narrowed down the source.

signature
user posted image
#
Me too, about the same time you did. It gives a preg_replace error as well. I will have to push this to bug reports; I don't think I can solve this one immediately without doing a lot of testing to make sure it doesn't break anything anything.

Meanwhile this also gives me another test string to improve the failed post processing handler, thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

signature
#
No worries, and thanks for the help. Do you have any theories about why the username is throwing it for a loop? Should I have the member change to something that does't have an asterisk or something like that?

Edit: Not sure if this helps, or if you made a change in since you last posted, but I was able to tag the following member with no issues:

CODE
@[.Ro]

This post has been edited by owl: May 19 2017, 03:29 PM

signature
user posted image
#
The asterisk specifically is throwing off the pattern matching for some reason. periods and exclamation pionts have always worked as long as they are encased in brackets.

signature
#
Good to know - my member changed to something without and asterisk, and I'll try and avoid them from now on. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, though I doubt it, I appreciate the quick response. ^^ (Also Lazarus on Chrome - I've really learned to appreciate that.)

signature
user posted image
#
So, update. This time (thanks for any changes you might have made) it didn't let me tag a member's name, but it didn't eat a post to compensate. That name/tag is:

CODE
@[Dr. Néstor Hugo, Esq.]

I think it has to do with the "é" but I can't be sure.

signature
user posted image
#
I did not make any changes here, but it looks like names with an accented e can't be tagged. I will have to try it on a test board to be sure.

signature
#
Were you able to do something to get an accented 'e' to work? Cause I believe I was just able to successfully tag this member - at least is looks that way on my end.

signature
user posted image
#
I have not made any changes, no, so that is interesting...

signature
#
Weird. The only thing I did recently regarding that name is I added a filter to the site to change Nestor to Néstor - in addition to that the tag was inside of a custom BBcode this time. I'll keep an eye on it, and see if I can figure out any patterns.

Edit: yep, she said the alert went though. Weird.

This post has been edited by owl: May 31 2017, 10:18 PM

signature
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Bug Reports | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll