Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

HTTPS Encrypted Browsing
#
    I have this same problem as well on any Jcink site I visit. Android version is 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
PM
#
That is so annoying and disappointing. I don't know what to do about this either, because if it hates the certificate because it was issued for being a wildcard there won't be much that I can do. I suspect that this will change in the future, but it looks like some android users may be out of luck for now. Thank you for letting me know about it, I'll talk to my certificate authority. For what we paid for, we were promised 99.9% browser support, though, so I'm legitimately pissed off now if this is an issue for ALL android devices on 6.x or lower.

I wonder if it is accepted by Android 7.x branch.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
It probably will be.
I do find it weird that a freely-provided SSL certificate is supported, though. (On a privately-hosted site) Although the fact that I do it for each of my individual sites might be related...
PM
#
I've got a trouble ticket in with my certificate authority now about the issue to see what they say. I'm hoping that there is a misconfiguration issue on my end somewhere and that it has nothing to do with the cert itself and/or the cert type of multi-domain wildcard.

signature
#
Apparently, it's based on carrier...the main domain is fine.
PM
#
Well, they are saying the installation needs additional files and then it should be fine. So I am hopeful that I am just missing this and we'll be 100%. Fingers crossed, confirming exactly which of their certificates I need to install.

signature
#
Seems to be working fine now for me. Did you already add the additional files?
PM
#
No, I didn't. I will be able to rebuild the certificate bundle in a couple hours. I'm confident that this will work fully after doing this.

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Apr 18 2017, 02:31 PM)
No, I didn't. I will be able to rebuild the certificate bundle in a couple hours. I'm confident that this will work fully after doing this.

I guess my phone is just weird then since it seems to randomly choose when it wants to trust the certificate at the moment.
PM
#
I have rebuilt the certificate. After rebuilding the certificate I can see now in this ssl success test, that android devices are working. Please let me know what your real world results are.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
It's working now.
PM
#
    Working awesome now!
PM
#
Very happy to hear that.

I will continue to do more testing; I would like to start making ssl the default for new forums sometime in late May is the goal.

signature
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll