Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Remove Personal Info & Interests Fields From Portal Profile View?
#
Hello!

I was wondering if it was possible to remove the 'Info' & Interests from the Portal style Profile view, so that the custom profile fields under 'Other Information' is the main section of the profile?

Thanks!
PM
#
<script>
$('.profile-left .titlemedium:contains("Interests")').remove();
$('.profile-left .titlemedium:contains("Information")').remove();
</script>

Add to Board Wrappers

signature
user posted image
#
Hello!

Where in the Board Wrappers should it be added? I tried adding it between the <head></head> tags and after the Copyright, but neither worked..
PM
#
Should work under copyright. Link me to a profile on your site so I can check things if you would

signature
user posted image
#
All righty, thanks! I put the code right below the <% COPYRIGHT %> tag, and here is a profile:

Here
PM
#
Hey GMaster,

I used the code, and it works. However I then decided to use it for AIM Name, GTalk Identity and the likes, which does not seem to work. I used the following code and placed it under the copyright. Interests and Information is still not showing in the profile, however the others are. Any ideas?

CODE
<script>
$('.profile-left .titlemedium:contains("Interests")').remove();
$('.profile-left .titlemedium:contains("Information")').remove();
$('.profile-left .titlemedium:contains("Integrity Messenger")').remove();
$('.profile-left .titlemedium:contains("AIM Name")').remove();
$('.profile-left .titlemedium:contains("GTalk Identity")').remove();
$('.profile-left .titlemedium:contains("Yahoo Identity")').remove();
$('.profile-left .titlemedium:contains("MSN Identity")').remove();
</script>

I tried changing the spaces to underscore (which didn't work) and also tried removing the space completely.

Also, is it possible to remove the fields from My Controls as well, so that the users don't/can't write something in those fields?

EDIT:
I tried using
<script>
$('.profile-left .row3:contains("AIM Name")').remove();
</script>
in stead, and it still does not work.

This post has been edited by pastPresent: Nov 14 2013, 09:04 AM
PM
#
The reason the code provided does not work is because you are trying to do something different than what was requested. The original posted wanted to remove the headings from above each section, not individual rows.

There is no .row3 either.

What you need is this:

CODE
<script>
$('#profile-contactinfo .row2:contains("No Information")').remove();
</script>

contains(); does a search for text within a given row. in this example, it looks for all rows with "no information" - as long as nothing is filled in, nothing will show except the basic board messenger links.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll