Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Webpage "outside the box"
#
We have huge amounts of text content on our RPG site's Wiki, and I thought I could a responsive skin for it. My question is, is it possible for me to put that content outside of the basic .wrapper container, or should I start with overwrting those properties in the webpage's own css?
Also, I know it's possible to assign skins to certain forums, but I was wondering if it is possible to assign them to pages? I've been messing with using display: none css lines for all the elements of the basic skin, but that seems so pointless for the site to load everything and then hide it later, it increases the load time etc.
PM
#
becky017

So this is something that isn't exactly 'finished', but it may help you. Recently there have been a few requests to allow for completely blank pages. I've been toying with it and added a special parameter to print only the contents of a webpage. In the past I have been against this, as it would be a magnet for spammers and there was no way to run advertising in a predictable way against such pages. But with premium those issues aren't relevant. So, this feature is premium-only since there is no way we can enforce the use of advertising on it.

With a completely blank webpage you can style it however you want, and still use custom include keys and variables. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

You can access the "raw canvas" version of any webpage by just appending h=1 which opens the door to not having to hide anything, custom css, etc.

If not premium, there is really no way to use the webpages like this. You'd have to hide everything around it which would be difficult and as you said, and inefficient. The webpage maker itself was never meant to host unique html pages per say; but we're trying to adapt it a bit.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
That is amazing, thank you John!

Had I known about this, I would have switched to premium sooner http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif
PM
#
becky017

It's not done being tested per say so we can't officially advertise it as a "premium" feature, but I have most of everything working at this point. I'm glad that might be a solution for you to this then. Here's an example page, it should print your name since webpage variables work with it.

https://forum.jcink.com/index.php?act=Pages&h=1&pid=8

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I think this will be a great feature once completed, it is definitely great for those who plan to build a more serious community in RP at least that is.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll