Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

apostrophes in custom profile fields
#
i feel like this has been mentioned before, and i s2g at the time i thought john said he thought he fixed it but??? it's actually gotten worse for me. with html turned on in profile fields, if there's an apostrophe in the field it eats any text that comes after it - i used to be able to get around this by using ' instead of ' but now it's like it converts the html for an apostrophe and THEN eats the text that comes after it?

signature
PM
#
Do you have separate mini profiles for certain groups, or does your mini-profile HTML template inlcude any other scripts? Can you maybe paste what you have there?
PM
#
i'm 99.9% sure it has nothing to do with my miniprofile code. the contents of the field get eaten straight out of the editor. for example, if i edit my profile information and put "maybe it's not so bad" in the field, it displays fine - but if i go in to my control panel to edit my profile again, then suddenly the space for field says only "maybe it". if i remember to pay attention and add the rest of the content before hitting save, it will display the entire phrase. but every time i edit my profile, the text in the field gets cut off after an apostrophe. i'm pretty sure that any script i may have in my miniprofile wouldn't affect the actual editor that way.

signature
PM
#
I used to have this issue, and it was the following: The apostrophe was used somewhere in the miniprofile HTML template as the beginning of a script, and then, when the users put an apostrophe in the field, it acted as a closing of that script, and it all fell apart, because the code "thought" that was the end of it. I may be wrong though.

This post has been edited by becky017: Jun 5 2017, 06:23 AM
PM
#
even if i remove every single bit of script from my site, it still does this. i'm pretty sure it's a bug, not a coding error.

This post has been edited by max rockatansky: Jun 5 2017, 06:48 AM

signature
PM
#
I think you might be having this same problem then: click
PM
#
yes, that's what i was referring to when i said i thought i'd seen this issue mentioned before and that john said he'd fixed it. however, there's not a solution that i can take action on - just john saying that he's fixed the problem, which is why i brought it to bug reports because it seems to be happening still/again.

signature
PM
#
Have you tried changing the field type to "Text Area"?
PM
#
QUOTE (CamilleNicole @ Jun 5 2017, 08:56 AM)

Try this and let me know if it works.

Yes, it is a known bug with having HTML enabled in some instances using apos will break the form but the text area should resolve it.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (John @ Jun 5 2017, 08:27 AM)
QUOTE (CamilleNicole @ Jun 5 2017, 08:56 AM)

Try this and let me know if it works.

Yes, it is a known bug with having HTML enabled in some instances using apos will break the form but the text area should resolve it.

Making it a text area does work, but is there another fix in the foreseeable future so that it won't get messed up on text inputs, or are we just living with it like this?

signature
PM
#
Yes, I will fix it, just haven't found a working solution yet. HTML in non-textarea boxes in general is a bit of a problem.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
ok, i was just wondering! thank you!

signature
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Bug Reports | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll