Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

"Next/Previous Member" in ACP member edit
#
On our site, we use some custom fields that are only editable by admins for simplicity's sake. Recently a new field was added, there was some reorganizing, etc., and as a result we had to edit each member's profile individually to fix the changes. It took a while because each time, we had to go back to the main Find/Edit/Suspend User page, type in the character name, and find their profile that way. Lots of times, people get missed this way, especially when members get into the 100s.I was wondering if maybe it would be possible at some point to just start with user 1, make the edits, and click "Next User/Member" and just increase by member number?
PM
#
This sounds like a great suggestion.

Out of curiosity, though, were you updating each profile with a unique value or plugging something in that was mostly the same across all of them?

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
A bit of both. One field was a drop down, but the other was "Face claim" - which members can enter, but since we did the rearranging, we thought if we could enter it into the field while we were editing the profile anyway~~ etc.
PM
#
Not to piggyback here, but it would also be cool if there was just a page you could go to for each custom profile field where you could edit them all at once like.

Member name #1 [PLACE TO EDIT THE FIELD]
Member name #2 [PLACE TO EDIT THE FIELD]
Member name #3 [PLACE TO EDIT THE FIELD]
Member name #4 [PLACE TO EDIT THE FIELD]

etc. etc. etc. just because it would serve the duel purpose of doing this, but also getting to look at all the answers at once. For instance, I have a "how did you find us" field that would be more useful if I could look at all the info at once, because then I'd know where I found most of my members and could make better decisions about advertising using that info etc. Just one example, but it would be so useful.

signature
user posted image
#
QUOTE (owl @ May 30 2017, 03:50 AM)
Not to piggyback here, but it would also be cool if there was just a page you could go to for each custom profile field where you could edit them all at once like.

Member name #1 [PLACE TO EDIT THE FIELD]
Member name #2 [PLACE TO EDIT THE FIELD]
Member name #3 [PLACE TO EDIT THE FIELD]
Member name #4 [PLACE TO EDIT THE FIELD]

etc. etc. etc. just because it would serve the duel purpose of doing this, but also getting to look at all the answers at once. For instance, I have a "how did you find us" field that would be more useful if I could look at all the info at once, because then I'd know where I found most of my members and could make better decisions about advertising using that info etc. Just one example, but it would be so useful.

Same, I was just meaning to make this suggestion also. Searching for members is a pain through the Admin CP, when you have a larger member count.

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll