Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

solved [SOLVED]
#
Thanks.

This post has been edited by SinfilledJay: Jun 21 2017, 05:56 PM
PM
#
try adding "all" right before the duration in all of your transition properties.
PM
#
that didn't change anything.
PM
#
Did you fix this / is this just a Chrome bug? Cause I'm stuck with Firefox temporarily, and it's working there.

signature
user posted image
#
QUOTE (owl @ Jun 19 2017, 03:20 PM)
Did you fix this / is this just a Chrome bug? Cause I'm stuck with Firefox temporarily, and it's working there.

is it slowly transitioning or is it just hovering?
PM
#
It's only hovering. Can you show us the CSS that is supposed to be making it transition? Also what is the intended transition like? Just a fade in, or something more involved?

signature
user posted image
#
More junk

This post has been edited by SinfilledJay: Jun 21 2017, 05:55 PM
PM
#
I'm a bit lost. Why does it show [dohtml] at the beginning of this code? Where is it located cause in your main CSS I see the following:

CODE
/***********************************
Mini Profile
************************************/

</head></html>

</style>

Which is broken, and might be causing some issues here. Specifically, the </style> should come before the </head></html>.

signature
user posted image
#
it's located under the mini profile html area. It doesn't matter where the style is, if it's on the mini profile or if it's on the css it isn't working in either area.
PM
#
Did you fix the above error I mentioned?

And as CSS is cascading, it does matter where it's placed / if there's a random [dohtml] slapped in the CSS it might throw errors etc.

I'm just trying to help you clean up some errors because if CSS is working on one skin and not another, it's most likely what's causing the problem is the errors. this might help you spot some of the smaller errors, good luck with it. ^^

signature
user posted image
#
yeeeah, I think what owl is saying is going to be the beginning and end of your problems: your markup structure is all sorts of borked. It looks like you, at some point, copy and pasted the entirety of one wrapper inside another - there are multiple head tags, HTML tags, style tags that lack a beginning or ending, regular markup inside style tags, etcetera.

http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.c...s&hidevalid=yes

Most of these are ignorable, but it may help.
PM
#
I removed and edit all of what was mentioned and still the transitioning is not working. So I don't know what else to do. There is only one head code in the CSS and in the wrapper... Soooo what else can I do?
and if you are seeing MULTIPLE head codes and style codes it's probably due to the fact that I coded the main profile and the mini using jcinks html. So yeah there's that too.
PM
#
Unfortunately, your page still has a few parsing errors.

user posted image

Most browsers will (somehow) manage to chew through that sort of error, but it still has the potential to be an error in the future.

However, as to your hover transition, the problem lies here:

user posted image

You have not defined a unit (px) for the top and left properties.

Additionally: the transition property only needs to be applied on the root element in its default state. A :hover pseudo-class should not have the transition property applied to it.
PM
#
    Okay, so first I want to say that you shouldn't have certain tags in your CSS that you have in your wrapper. It's important for the CSS to render correctly. It automatically adds in the style tags and the html tags from the wrapper, so no need to include them in your CSS.

In your CSS, look for this:

CODE
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>

<title>Testing all that's fun</title>

It should be at the very top.

Remove it.

At the bottom of your CSS, look for this:

CODE
    </style>
    </html>

Remove it.

We'll start there.

That should help fix some of the problems you might be having.
PM
#
Nope did nothing. Thanks for the help.. nothing is working thus far.

Dusty it doesn't need the PX. It's set that way in case the username is too long and so it can expand to fully fit the username. Thus the lack of PX. And once more I feel like I need to point out to you it's not my mini profile that the problem. The problem is the skin.

owl, I don't know if you know this but if you use the DOHTML and post it on a skin... it will show you what it looks like before you add it in! Oh my god crazy concept I know, that's why when you load where I linked you will see two mini profiles RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. OH MY GOD. SO CRAZY IK.

This post has been edited by SinfilledJay: Jun 20 2017, 10:36 PM
PM
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ClosedNew TopicNew Poll