Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Alerts System Not Working
#
Hello. I'm using a custom skin and a lot of custom CSS, and from the very beginning the alerts system seems to be having issues. I'm not getting tag alerts to my parent account when someone tags my character accounts in replies, and the tagged accounts themselves aren't getting alerts, either. I'm only getting emails when I'm tagged about once every six tags or so. I'm not sure what could be interfering with the tagging/ alerts system, but here's a link to my board. Please, let me know if you need more information.

Thanks to anyone who has the time to help me with this. I very much appreciate it. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/happy.gif

This post has been edited by Clockwork Wanderer: Jul 1 2018, 12:36 PM
PM
#
1. Have someone tag your account in a post.

2. Click here

Do you see any alerts listed there?

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
Okay, weird. When my test account tagged me, they all showed up there AND in the top bar. So why isn't it working when my members tag me?

EDIT: I tried quoting the reply they left me, located here, and that did NOT tag my accounts. Is it an issue with quoting the tag, rather than reentering it, perhaps?

This post has been edited by Clockwork Wanderer: Mar 13 2018, 08:02 PM
PM
#
You might want to double-check your alert settings on both of those accounts and see what they look like - I double checked and there is a way to, for instance, indicate that you don't want to be tagged when quoted.

signature

user posted image
#
Some of my members just got back to me regarding this issue, and it looks like they were quoting their own previous posts and just leaving the quoted user link (the one you get after you'd tagged someone) in place, rather than retagging people. That seems to have been causing the issue here. This can be marked as solved, I believe. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Thanks very much for your help on this, Owl!

This post has been edited by Clockwork Wanderer: Mar 14 2018, 09:30 PM
PM
#
I'm glad you were able to work it out. Good luck with your forum. ^^

signature

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll