Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Low-income members, Virtual Bank
#
I just came across this post and though. I do completely understand that this host has so many low-income members (and I am one of them.) However for some low-income members may still be able to purchase Premium but for others not. This post isn't about me because I can afford it. I'm thinking of the others out there who can't afford it.

For those members who are unable to afford Premium, would it be possible to have some sort of Banking Feature here where if they do have some money to burn they can deposite it into the so-called "Bank" linked directly to their accounts? This way they can put in as much money they can save every so often and once they save so much they can use their "Virtual Bank" to make the transaction.

If they save up for 1 year subscription this will give them an extra 1 year to save up for the following year.

It may be hard code but would this be something you'd be willing to look into?
PM
#
You can pretty much do that with Paypal, just adding money to it every so often and then paying for premium when you've saved enough.

signature
user posted image user posted image user posted image
#
QUOTE (SithLordOfSnark @ Jun 28 2017, 01:52 AM)
You can pretty much do that with Paypal, just adding money to it every so often and then paying for premium when you've saved enough.

Basically this.

You can also accept donations from members directly to the PP account. Once there is enough, they can go yearly. Paypal has features for this built in that you can copy and paste into the forum too.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (SithLordOfSnark @ Jun 27 2017, 09:52 PM)

True, but in this post the op said there are many countries that don't support paypal.

You do have a valid point, though, that I didn't consider when I posted this thread. Having a "Virtual Bank" would be a great feature for some members who do live in those countries that don't support paypal.

I do suppose, though, assuming jcink accepts credit or debit/visa cards? For those who are in countries that don't support paypal, there can be 2 options:

1. If they use credit cards, they can put extra credit on their cards and once they can afford it they can use their credit to pay for Premium Upgrade

2. If they're not as impulsive I am they can take an envelope and put so much money as they can every so often and once they have enough give it to somebody they trust to use their card for Premium Upgrade (although that might not be the most ethical way to do it).

I do suppose though that most members would do anything if they become too desperate for Premium Upgrade.
PM
#
We don't currently accept debit or credit cards and probably never will unless we have an overwhelming amount of users that want to use their card over PP. Its not something I've ever wanted to do specifically because PCI compliance is a pain in the ass to put it lightly and the fines are extremely heavy if there is ever a breach of card data.

PP keeps everything simple and secure, it is a shame that PP is not permitted in some countries. It's usually because the level of fraud in those countries is so high that PP decided they weren't worth dealing with. Credit/Debit fraud in certain countries is more rampant than people realize.

The only credit/debit issuer I'm looking to add in the future is Visa due to their new Visa Checkout service. Similar to PayPal but Visa handles the transaction themselves and no card data is ever handled by the merchant. They don't have subscription based models up just yet though. This will be great since an alt. payment method will be available with one of the most popular card issuers on the planet.

With respect to the original idea though it is something we can consider but we would need to see how much interest there would be for it... and there would also have to be enough people who wish to pay by card instead of via PayPal since a card system would need to be in place before we even thought about it.

signature
#
I am in support, adding Mastercard payment options too, Verve payment options.

signature
I need ideas to making a better forum .. Chatinent Relationship Advice Forums ---> an advice forum for your every questions.
#
The only problem for some, though, the link I posted earlier:

What if a user's country doesn't support paypal? Is there any way around it or would they just have to use the unethical method of sending the money to someone they trust to purchase the Premium Upgrade for them?

Of course the biggest drawback is Person B could easily take advantage of that.
PM
#
QUOTE (Cronus @ Jun 28 2017, 09:39 AM)
The only problem for some, though, the link I posted earlier:

What if a user's country doesn't support paypal? Is there any way around it or would they just have to use the unethical method of sending the money to someone they trust to purchase the Premium Upgrade for them?

Of course the biggest drawback is Person B could easily take advantage of that.

If you trust them enough to send them money, I don't see them doing something like that.

signature
user posted image user posted image user posted image
#
QUOTE (Cronus @ Jun 28 2017, 01:39 PM)
TWhat if a user's country doesn't support paypal? Is there any way around it or would they just have to use the unethical method of sending the money to someone they trust to purchase the Premium Upgrade for them?

Paypal is the only way to pay at this time. There is no way around it.

I do have to say that the number of countries we are talking about here that don't accept paypal is -extremely- small. This is the list of countries that Paypal supports.

https://www.paypal.com/worldwide/

Overall, there are very few unsupported countries here. 200 countries 25 currencies.

And I'm not saying that we shouldn't care about the ones who aren't on this list - I would love for everyone, everywhere, be able to pay for premium service. Why wouldn't I? But to do that we have to consider everything from PCI compliance, to market viability, subscription integration, and so much more. All of that effort would be made for a very questionable usage level when time and resources could be allocated toward other things.

I'm not saying "no" to the suggestion overall, but it won't be something that I actively seek to develop unless we receive significantly (and I mean it has to be a lot) more people in countries banned by Paypal who need to pay.

Also, with respect to cost of premium... even if it was possible, I suspect that many potential buyers in such countries would sadly would not be able to afford it. Then we would have to consider per-country pricing which isn't really feasible.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll