Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Topic Description Max Length
#
I was wondering if it would be possible for us to be able to set the maximum length for Topic Descriptions or allow no maximum length.
PM
#
There will always need to be a limit (something like maximum 255 chars) but I will look into adding an option for a higher limit.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Allowing for a high limit would work perfectly.
PM
#
I would just like to second this. Especially handy for RP's (a lot of which have you put play by / face claim, species, gender, etc. in the description of the topic).
#
Does 255 characters work? That is a lot for a desc. That's what I think I can do.

signature
#
255 characters should be perfectly fine. I don't think RP descriptions should be exceeding that anyway, tbh.
PM
#
255 is perfect
PM
#
John Out of curiosity, is the 255 character limit something that you've already added, or something you plan to add in the future? Just wanted to see if your last post was just a question or you letting us know that the cap had been increased.
PM
#
We have not made any changes, sorry. The limit will also have to be changed per-board on request it looks like, since each forum has its own fixed limit set in the tables as well, which is unfortunate.

signature
#
In the interim, something like
CODE
$('input.forminput[name=TopicDesc]').attr('maxlength', '255')

Should work
PM
#
QUOTE (Dusty @ May 24 2017, 02:49 PM)
In the interim, something like
CODE
$('input.forminput[name=TopicDesc]').attr('maxlength', '255')

Should work

This won't work, you will still be limited to a maximum of 70 characters from the database end.

signature
#
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ whoops
PM
#
John, does that mean you need anything from us? Do we need to submit a request to have this done, or is that just a hypothetical thing?
PM
#
At the moment this is hypothetical/a feature request. There are a couple of other things I noticed need to be taken care of to create this as an option.

signature
#
Groovy. Let me know if there's anything you need on our end at any point.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll