Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Post drafting plugin, sO oFfIcIaL (but like really not)
#
QUOTE (Chlocelot @ Jun 25 2017, 08:42 PM)
Dusty

This is amazingly awesome because I jump from post to post and then have to stop in the middle. It's working beautifully on my new skin. I just have one question.

How do you purge drafts that you are never going to finish? Like I saved a draft twice accidentally. How to I get rid of the second one?

I am very much in the camp of 'I have no idea what I'm doing' so sorry if the answer is obvious.

I'm not Dusty but I know the answer to this! xD

Drafts are saved in the notepad part of your UCP, so you just need to delete whatever you don't want to be saved from your notepad. If it's a topic that's saved, it'll be wrapped in {topic} tags, and if it's a post that's saved, it'll be wrapped in {post} tags. Hopefully that makes sense? Feel free to @me if it doesn't and I'll try to explain better!
PM
#
QUOTE (Natalie @ Jun 26 2017, 04:10 AM)

I'm not Dusty but I know the answer to this! xD

Drafts are saved in the notepad part of your UCP, so you just need to delete whatever you don't want to be saved from your notepad. If it's a topic that's saved, it'll be wrapped in {topic} tags, and if it's a post that's saved, it'll be wrapped in {post} tags. Hopefully that makes sense? Feel free to @me if it doesn't and I'll try to explain better!

Ohhh! I knew it would be something staring me in the face. I understand now, thank you!
PM
#
Cheers spooky mulder! That's the only way to delete drafts for now, but I'll probably expand that functionality sometime in the future.
PM
#
oh this is beautiful! I was so hoping something like this existed! <3333

edit; hey Dusty , found a bug I think! You can't load drafts into the new topic's starting post and on any post after you've hit preview -- the dropdown is blank of all saved drafts there.

This post has been edited by Rosalieart: Jul 28 2017, 11:49 PM
PM
#
So it is Rosalieart! The URL is clear of the parameters after clicking the preview box, so that makes sense. I've updated GitHub with a quick fix.

This post has been edited by Dusty: Jul 30 2017, 01:14 PM
PM
#
Dusty updated it on the site; now it doesn't seem to be saving drafts http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif the pad in the ucp is erased and new ones are not preserved as added even though it spits out a 'success'!
PM
#
Whoops, forgot to change the conditionals for all the functions. Should work now.
PM
#
Dusty - still not working http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif
PM
#
Veeeerry difficult to focus on scripts when I'm watching Game of Thrones :b Should be good if you update.

This post has been edited by Dusty: Jul 30 2017, 10:44 PM
PM
#
Dusty - ah, sorry XD; still no dice. same issue as before, where the script returns a "success" line of text but no saves are made
PM
#
I can't reproduce the bug, even on your forum. Send me a PM with all the info from the post/thread you're trying to save, and we'll take it from there.
PM
#
Will do!
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll