Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

HTML in Custom Profile Fields
#
    I'm currently using Black's custom forum structure to format the user profile to make it look like an application for characters instead of having them fill out an application and post a new topic. Keeps things neat and tidy and minimized for maximum game time.

The only issue we've run into is the inability to use HTML in the custom profile fields. For instance, if someone is writing their character's history and wants to use HTML italic tags for emphasis on certain parts, or even on dialogue or something, they can't as it won't parse correctly. Same goes for bold, strike-through, etc.

Is there a way to get around this without having to use javascript? Can it be added in there?
PM
#
Is there a way to get around this without having to use javascript? Can it be added in there?

No; unfortunately this would have to be something that I would need to enable on the back end.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
    Would it be possible to enable it then? Barring all security failure and the like, of course. ^^
PM
#
This would probably be able to be enabled and built in, but it will take some editing of the core code which Jcink has not been working on except for with Premium at the moment, since even just modifying some things for Premium has thrown back a few glitches we've noticed and fixed. Though he might be able to enable it in between.

In the future though if people use certain html it's wise to note it could conflict with the mini profile coding and affect it. Such as if they try putting a table around their text or a background image on it and it conflicts with the coding in the mini-profile.

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
#
You could use the signature value.
#
    Thank you for the quick reply Crystal! It's not something that needs to be done right away. I've spoken to several people who wanted to use HTML in the custom profile structure, but they can't because it doesn't work in mini-profiles.

@AMB Tanz

Unfortunately, we have three sections that require information filling: notable features, powers and abilities, and history. The signature section would be nice for one of them, but not all three.

Thank you for the advice though!
PM
#
I've had a look at the source and this actually shouldn't be too hard to implement. smile.gif

More or less we just have to remove the part that filters out HTML and nullify that part as long as the member's group is allowed to use doHTML (though it will not require usage of tags).

Not getting it to immediately though - as Crystal said Premium is a huge priority at the moment, after that I can look into little things like this.

signature
#
    No problem at all. ^^ I'm more excited for Premium than HTML in profiles right now anyway. http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4283/smiliehu4.gif I can't wait to see that.

Thank you for taking a look at it!

Can this be moved to feature requests then, or should I make a new thread for it there?
PM
#
I'll move it for you. smile.gif

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ Apr 15 2014, 11:26 PM)
I've had a look at the source and this actually shouldn't be too hard to implement. smile.gif

More or less we just have to remove the part that filters out HTML and nullify that part as long as the member's group is allowed to use doHTML (though it will not require usage of tags).

Not getting it to immediately though - as Crystal said Premium is a huge priority at the moment, after that I can look into little things like this.

I would enjoy seeing something like this, even if it's only to enable the bbcode that you can use on the forum. I use to use the account profiles on a long-dead web-host for various things as they were completely (such as {if:variable1}Stuff here{/if] {else:whateveryouwant}Guests may see this.{/else}) customizable and I loved being able to utilize the account settings in such a fashion.
PM
#
Will there be a way to enable / disable this for certain fields? For instance, I have a site that uses some of the values in way that's similar to an application, and I would be fine with them being edited to their liking. The ones I use for the miniprofile, however, would probably cause some serious errors.

It's alright if not, I'm sure there will be some creative work around or such, but it's my initial thought regarding this.

signature
user posted image
#
Was something like this ever implemented? I know it would be incredibly helpful but I understand if it hasn't been made possible yet.
PM
#
thesaltybreadstick this post is very old and it was made a feature

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll