Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Member List Tagging
#
Okay, so curious question. I am not sure if anyone had brought this up or requested it already. But is it possible when you create a Tag can a list of all of the members of the site to pop up somewhere on the side of the tags to where you can move your mouse to that specific member and click on them to properly tag them? I have noticed that it been a bother much for me to have to track down someone's name especially if its a difficult name to remember and tag them appropriately. I figured that this may be a cool feature to incorporate into Jcink sometime in the future.
PM
#
The way alerts are set up, John would probably have to rework the entire system in order to allow for this, because you can't tag people with two words in their name unless you use square brackets.

signature
#
Hmm drat. I was hoping this could be possible because it would make tagging so much easier
PM
#
I kinda want to add on to this: It'd be super cool to have more of the server-side data available for scripting without abusing the backup feature. Lists like the member's list sans security info, calendar events, etcetera.
PM
#
We would not have to rework the entire system...

If you were to open a tag with @ John, the system would present to you all names beginning with john, including spaces. By clicking on the name, it would automatically insert it with the brackets for you, kind of like facebook does.

QUOTE (Dusty @ Jun 2 2017, 02:46 AM)
I kinda want to add on to this: It'd be super cool to have more of the server-side data available for scripting without abusing the backup feature. Lists like the member's list sans security info, calendar events, etcetera.

Something like this will be seen in the future, but it will be a while.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (John @ Jun 2 2017, 07:56 AM)
We would not have to rework the entire system...

If you were to open a tag with @ John, the system would present to you all names beginning with john, including spaces. By clicking on the name, it would automatically insert it with the brackets for you, kind of like facebook does.

QUOTE (Dusty @ Jun 2 2017, 02:46 AM)

Something like this will be seen in the future, but it will be a while.

Is that how it works now or how it will work in the future? I'm a little confused.

signature
#
It's how it could hypothetically work in the future - sorry for being unclear.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll