Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Nickpic
#
Not sure if it should be here or under General Help, but I do have a quick question about Nickpic...well 2 questions.

THe first one isn't very important because it happened only once. As anybody who used nickpic had trouble uploading images? It happened to me once where I tried to upload 3 images but they were "Denied" or something like that. I tried the same images after that again and it worked. I just uploaded 3 more images but didn't have the same issue. I don't know if it's a bug or something? If anybody can shed light on why that happened would be appreciated.

The other question: While you want to post images on a website or message board or w/e, nickpic has 2 full images. What is the difference between Full image and Full Image (Linked)?

Also just noticed something else so I'll throw it in here. What's a markdown? Thanks.
PM
#
Questions about 3rd party image hosts should be directed to them for the best response. We do have this as one of the hosts suggested in our wiki, though, so I will leave this open.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Ok thanks.

I just thought I'd post here because there are other members here who actually use the host so I just thought one of them could have answered.

In the mean time I can try get a hold of them and post here for anyone else who's curious or interested.
PM
#
The owner, Leif, is a member on here so I have tagged them for you as well.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Ok. I didn't know that. Thanks.

In the mean time I already submitted a ticket. I guess I'm stuck with the ticket. O well, you can never get too much help.
PM
#
Hi there. I'm Nick/Leif, as John stated, I am the owner of NickPic.Host and am very happy to help any Jcink users working with NickPicHost. I am unaware of any uploading problems with NickPic.Host. I believe you just created a ticket on NickPicHost's official help desk. I will respond to there.

1. Awhile ago I tried to upload 3 images but wasn’t successful. I’ve just gotten some sort of “Denied” error, but when I tried re-uploading it worked the second time. I’m wondering what caused that? I’ve just uploaded 3 images a few min ago and didn’t have the same problem.
I am unaware of any issues. But, this can depend on your latency or there could have been a temporary server hiccup. I will investigate my server logs to check this out. I recently added a new file server, called Winky to my server network. The main site (Dobby) communicates with the new file server (Winky) to store data now, and to fetch data from Winky. Dobby and Winky work together to show your file, and Kreacher (the CDN) will display it to you and your users, depending where they're at in the world across a cloud distribution network.

But, your problem indicates there was an issue with Winky or Dobby. I'll check the communication. They're separate servers on opposite sides of the planet. May be a hiccup. This is a very, very, new and recent change to me and the service.

I’ve been curious: What’s the difference between Full Image and Full Image (Linked)?
Okay! Let me use an example here. I just went to a Nine Inch Nails concert tonight, and I litterally just uploaded this to show a friend: https://nickpic.host/image/moefYn

I believe I made the embed codes super simple to grab and link. Full Image is litterally the direct image. So for example on Jcink the direct image is:
CODE
[img]https://cdnw.nickpic.host/moefYn.jpg[/img]

However, the Full Linked Image will contain a LINK to the image page on NickPicHost for example the same exact above image:
CODE
[url=https://nickpic.host/image/moefYn][img]https://cdnw.nickpic.host/moefYn.jpg[/img][/url]

The second really honestly generates SEO to me, or, is a great way to link to your actual image or profile on NickPicHost. It is totally up to you what you do.

The last question which I’ve just noticed a few minutes ago: What’s a markdown?
Markdown is a special language so, you use Jcink. You make tags bold by using brackets inside of a B like [ B ]. That's called BBCode, which is Bulletin Board Code. It is a simple way to format your post. Markdown is just like BBCode, but, it is just a different language than BBCode. Markdown is often used on developer forums or Reddit http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
#
Off topic but !!! That's such a sick picture and I'm incredibly jealous you were there to take it. Isn't it their first show back in a bit? At any rate, looks like it was a great night! Sorry to get off topic, I'll get back in line now~*~

signature
user posted image
#
re: the first question, what probably happened is that you had a tab for nickpic open but it sat idle for a while before you tried to upload. this happens to me all the time where i leave a tab open and then go back to it and uploads don't work unless i refresh the page. Leif jsyk it's a reliable bug that i can repeat without fail, it isn't something that's hit-or-miss.

signature
PM
#
QUOTE (owl @ Jul 19 2017, 11:19 PM)
Off topic but !!! That's such a sick picture and I'm incredibly jealous you were there to take it. Isn't it their first show back in a bit? At any rate, looks like it was a great night! Sorry to get off topic, I'll get back in line now~*~

Ok now that I think of it this might be the case. Most other websites/hosts, if sit idle for so long will automatically sign you out, or you have to refresh the page before you continue.

Thanks.
PM
#
QUOTE (owl @ Jul 19 2017, 11:19 PM)

Thanks! Amazing show! It was their first in over 3 years. It was a lot more personal, and very up close.
QUOTE (max rockatansky @ Jul 20 2017, 04:45 AM)
re: the first question, what probably happened is that you had a tab for nickpic open but it sat idle for a while before you tried to upload. this happens to me all the time where i leave a tab open and then go back to it and uploads don't work unless i refresh the page. Leif jsyk it's a reliable bug that i can repeat without fail, it isn't something that's hit-or-miss.

I will investigate this.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll