Pages: (80) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

HTML Templates / Custom Forum Templates
#
Indeed, that was awful. You did great with what you had to work with. Just time for us to implement this now. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Development is moving along quite quickly. Here are some Admin CP screenshots. Don't worry if some areas look a little rough; it's still being worked on of course. But this should give you an idea of the template editing area. It's very consistent with what you're all already used to.

Attached 3 File(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

signature
#
    So the HTML templates will be like another components of skins, and it's possible to have different template styles for different skins?
PM
#
100% correct.

signature
#
Will this mean that, eventually, we'll be able to include line-breaks in the miniprofile templates?

signature
user posted image
#
When this is released, the old MP editor will be depreciated. What you're seeing now will be the new location to go to add MP data. The current editor is terrible esp due to the line break stupidity, but it was created at a different time and is hard to change now w/o messing with it. This new system is a much better one that makes sense, and we'll encourage people to move their MP templates over to it, eventually phasing out the old editor.

MPs have evolved far beyond the days where users at the time simply wanted to change the order of a couple things around or add a few divs. So a full editor that permits line breaks is necessary for readability, just like everything else in the Admin CP.

signature
#
Will there be HTML Templates for mobile mode?

signature
Developing Reactions
#
Not for initial release. We'll consider it for the future though.

signature
#
Avatars for forums? Post layout?

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
#
Post layout was addressed earlier in the thread. An avatar variable will come along at some point, most difficult thing will be performance checking it rather than putting it in. One will be needed for topic and post rows.

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Apr 2 2016, 10:17 AM)
An avatar variable will come along at some point, most difficult thing will be performance checking it rather than putting it in.

I'm hoping the performance issues are not too bad. This existing for the initial release would be great

signature
user posted image
#
This is fantastic news John http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
RP Genres I love: Historical Fiction, Arranged Marriage, Mutants (Xmen), Vampires, Anime (message for specific); Jcink/IF preferance; your site fit this? Hit me up with a PM user posted image
YA Book Feedback Wanted!
Survey, 100% Anonymous (Google Docs) Sexual Orientation!
*New*My Tumblr!

Pomo community wants YOUR feedback on their new forum!
Help me grow my pokemon user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
#
I'm super excited for this because it means so much customization! Wow! I see posts every now and then pining for the old AcornRack days and I think this might be a suitable replacement - AND I can see it quickly dominating over webs.com roleplay sites, the ugly step-cousin of forums that came first and stuck around.

Questions!

Will the Custom Forum Templates incorporate Webpage Maker keys? With the Pages keys, there would be so many options available and I feel like it would make it easier to teach and grasp. A forum could now insert their cbox into a page and that page into the Custom Forum Template.

Also, will there be some way to differentiate if a user is logged in or not and/or use a different template for that area like MyBB? This would mean that LogIn/Register would be removed for logged in users and replaced with UCP, etc links. If it's not available, there's going to be a rush for javascript DOM that does this.

PM
#
Will the Custom Forum Templates incorporate Webpage Maker keys? With the Pages keys, there would be so many options available and I feel like it would make it easier to teach and grasp. A forum could now insert their cbox into a page and that page into the Custom Forum Template.

Unfortunately, probably not. If it can be done without a lot of harm to performance, I will look into it, but otherwise this isn't planned.

Also, will there be some way to differentiate if a user is logged in or not and/or use a different template for that area like MyBB? This would mean that LogIn/Register would be removed for logged in users and replaced with UCP, etc links. If it's not available, there's going to be a rush for javascript DOM that does this.

I am planning on trying to add some conditionals for the templates themselves. Something like
<if logged_in> </if> for logged-in material only.
These will probably be experimental.

signature
#
Yay!! So much yay! I'm so glad to hear this is going into effect soon.

I heard you mention previously that you wanted to make a converter that would convert current CFS into the HTML templates for skins. Is this still something you plan to do with the development?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (80) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll