Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Discord webhooks?
#
Hi! So some sites let you make it so that when a new topic is posted, a bot posts about it to a discord channel (RPG Initiative for example). I was wondering if that could be a possibility in the future? I included a link to the setup guide in Discord from discord's end.

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/228383668

I'll be honest, I don't know much about this stuff, but I do think it would be a really neat handy feature. I'm not sure what else I can include about it here, but I'm sure other people, TheMorrigan for instance, knows more about it and can provide more information.
#
from what I'm reading, the only thing required to accomplish this would be a place to insert a webhook url for a specific forum. then, we just need our server to post '{ "content" : "<the message you want to post goes in these quotes>" }'

this does not seem too difficult to me at a glance, but I will check into this more fully later.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
It's a pretty awesome bot but it can be more complicated than that. I don't know the specifics as I run on the current version of Invision Power but if you need to John the code for the current version is on github. The coding has had a complete re-wraite so I doubt it would be much help but mine has it to where I can choose which discord channel it posts to per forum.

signature
user posted image
#
Not that I have anything helpful to point out here, but this is EXACTLY what I was just looking for for my new site. I've seen it in a few places, but I wasn't sure if it worked linked to a jcink forum. I seriously hope it's possible because I refuse to host my sites with any other servers. JCINK is my obsession. Lol.

Cannot wait to see if it is something we can accomplish...by "we" of course I don't mean me, because I have no ability to aid. So...like the "royal we" <.<
PM
#
QUOTE (Yvonne @ Jul 24 2017, 11:16 PM)
Not that I have anything helpful to point out here, but this is EXACTLY what I was just looking for for my new site. I've seen it in a few places, but I wasn't sure if it worked linked to a jcink forum. I seriously hope it's possible because I refuse to host my sites with any other servers. JCINK is my obsession. Lol.

Cannot wait to see if it is something we can accomplish...by "we" of course I don't mean me, because I have no ability to aid. So...like the "royal we" <.<

Bahaha, Yvonne! My thoughts exactly. We means you guys! About the only thing I can do is make a site look pretty, when it comes to webhooks and stuff? naaaaah bruh.
#
Ah, the good ol' "we" factor. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

As discord has exploded in popularity this is something that I will seriously be giving attention to in due time. Probably start looking at in sometime in sept/october (don't hold me to that though).

signature
#
Best...response...from JCINK peoples...ever.

Anyway, I'm truly excited to see this pan out. Cannot wait.
PM
#
I would also be very interested in seeing this come to light. My site has our discord server in a side bar and it would be cool if jcink had it's own bot that would grab topics from a certain part of the board and post it in a certain part of the discord. A feature that would be extremely useful as most people are leaving the cboxes behind and switching to discord.
PM
#
QUOTE (John @ Jul 25 2017, 01:57 PM)
Probably start looking at in sometime in sept/october (don't hold me to that though).

Ah, see, now I'm glad I wrote that last bit in parenthesis!

Discord web hooks will come, I see it as a useful feature, but as of now, my development time is very limited so they're not here yet.

signature
#
I can't wait to see this implemented! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif I love what TheMorrigan has done to her site server with Discord webhooks, and would love to see the same functionality come to Jcink as well. <3

signature
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
#
I'll just bump this now that we have a Discord server set up for my site. You might try making it replace IRC Jcink

signature
user posted image
#
IRC is being deprecated/removed in the future. It's just barely at all used anymore because Discord is preferable for obvious reasons. It's a shame that they removed full chat embeds AFAIK for security reasons.

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Jan 29 2018, 01:03 AM)
IRC is being deprecated/removed in the future. It's just barely at all used anymore because Discord is preferable for obvious reasons. It's a shame that they removed full chat embeds AFAIK for security reasons.

You're right they do. I have been looking for ways to do it but nothing is 100% effective. Hopefully, you can find some way to at least let me have bots post things from my Jcink Forum in my Discord.

signature
user posted image
#
Is this a possibility yet? Icyboards was working on this feature and never got around to it. It would greatly increase my forum's activity since people are too lazy to check it unless we're manually linking things in a "forum-threads" channel.
PM
#
This has not been implemented yet, nope, sorry.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll