Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Facebook integration
#
I had seen threads in the past referencing this and I know Facebook has a feature that can be built into places that allow you to sign in using your Facebook in exchange for the information they can extract from your profile.
I was wondering if something similar was still planned for Jcink?

I was thinking of basically using Facebook login to accomplish a faster registration, extract the location and age of the user to load into their profile automatically, and use their email, account name and password for their registration credentials. Also the ability to link your Facebook post registration if you have an existing account?

I realize this would likely be pretty hard to set up and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it wasn't even being considered anymore, just that a lot of people in our community on Facebook have expressed the displeasure or inconvenience of having to create another account and access another site entirely to get the full use of our community. Figure bridging the gap a little would streamline things for them and maybe get less complaints.

If this is no longer a thing, then no problem whatsoever! If it's still planned or in the works, then at least I can bring that to their attention.

signature
user posted image
PM
#
Facebook integration for the login/registration experience is very low priority, so it will not be added any time soon, but, I agree that this would be a nice feature to have.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (John @ Jul 29 2017, 06:44 PM)
Facebook integration for the login/registration experience is very low priority, so it will not be added any time soon, but, I agree that this would be a nice feature to have.

I'm satisfied with this answer. Thanks for the hasty reply, John!

signature
user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll