Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

deleted custom mini profile fields
#
So....I didn't know that deleting them would cause a problem. I thought that you had to delete that certain one and make a new one, I didn't know that it would mess things up. Is there anyway to fix this?
PM
#
How do you mean, sorry? What's messed up?

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
The custom field numbers are messed up. instead of it being 1 2 3 its 32-59
PM
#
You should just be able to insert the correct number, like <!-- |field_32| -->, wherever you need it. Or is it not properly displaying somewhere, or why are the numbers a problem?
#
my other friend deleted them and she's tried to insert the correct number in <!-- |field_| --> but even after she did that nothing is showing up. the images nothing.
PM
#
That is because the field data was also deleted. When the field was erased any of the selections with it were also erased. So if a member or admin used the field to select an image, it is no longer there. There is a warning about this - "Please check to ensure that you are attempting to remove the correct custom profile field as all data will be lost!"

If you (or a member) has re-selected an image though and it isn't showing that is another issue.

signature
#
Is there a way to reset them? I am very new to working with jcink on this level so i'm sorry if i sound well stupid :/
PM
#
We can reset the field iterations so that it will start again from 1, 2, 3 etc during creation, but this requires deletion of all fields before we can do that. This won't bring any data back regardless, sorry.

signature
#
That's fine, my co-admin can fix those as long as it starts 1 2 3 again because neither of us can figure out the changing of them on them templates. here is the site
PM
#
Put in a support ticket regarding reset and deletion off all fields and I'll fix it.

signature
#
okay~

i'm most likely over looking it...but where do I submit a support ticket?
PM
#
Admin CP > JFH Resources > Support Tickets

signature
#
okay~

done!
PM
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Chynacat
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll