Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Stylesheet Coding Partially Vanished, Internal Panicking, help?
#
Tonight I was updating my test forum found here. I inserted an auto-subscribe code that also allowed removal of certain forums which I found on the support forums here, and that worked fine. I removed another code and no issue. However, I added this code and that's when things got weird then. . . well, now I'm internally panicking and here.

Now, at first it was oddly showing part of my stylesheet code on the forum itself. Then that just suddenly. . . fixed itself after I changed the font once. I've no idea why. Then the code wasn't displaying the timestamp right and I noticed there were odd break tags in the code. I found out they'd been added when I made the custom bbcode for some reason. So I removed one of them, and that is when everything started to flip out. As you can see from my board link above the topic titles aren't displaying right, the bbcode time stamp isn't, the borders are gone, starting showing the advertising rules when viewing the thread topic though it shouldn't and looks like I'd never messed with the way it displays, etc. Just a lot of stuff. So I thought about adding the tag back in, but when I went back to the custom bbcode section it'd already reinserted it. So I tried deleting, didn't work. I went to go to my stylesheet and everything after .postlinksbar in Topic View Styles is gone. The code for this custom bbcode, code for my skin itself, other codes I made for the skin and custom bbcode previously, etc. I re-added the custom bbcode thinking just maybe that'd help fix it, but it didn't. . .

Help? I've no idea what I could've done that made this flip out or caused this, but I'm hoping the code is still there and everything didn't actually just vanish. I mean how could that even happen? *facepalm*

The board is online. If you need an account made or whatever let me know.

This post has been edited by THE SONIC CENTURION: Jun 16 2017, 05:26 AM
PM
#
There are some upper css limitations but I have checked your stylesheet is only 12kb, so you are not even close to hitting them. The elements you are talking about are there physically I believe. I think that there is a syntax error in your sheet, but I cannot figure out where it is at the moment. A missing curly brace will cause entire sections of a stylesheet not to work. Just the nature of CSS itself.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Would the missing brace have to be somewhere in the code that is still showing for me? Or not necessarily? I've never personally dealt with a coding issue of this nature so I'm at a loss and just baffled how my deleting that break tag in the custom bbcode timestamp caused all of this in the first place.
PM
#
    Can you post your stylesheet code here? That way we can take a look and see what's going on.

If the code is missing in your actual stylesheet page, then that's something that would need to be restored before we can diagnose what might be causing it.
PM
#
Yeah, like I said nothing shows after .postlinksbar in Topic View Styles. I can post them, but I don't know if that'll help? I'll do it though. I can't restore. I've never backed up, never really thought about it and I don't know how to do it in the first place. I'm feeling like a real airhead here with this happening. Though John did say he believes the elements are still there physically, perhaps? I just can't see them I guess? I don't know. This is my stylesheet as it is this moment:

CODE
/*=============================================== *
* Jcink.com Forum Hosting Stylesheet
* ==============================================
* #Version: 1.0.2
*=============================================== */

html { overflow-x: auto; }
form { display:inline; }

/****************************************
Body Background & Text Style
*****************************************/

body {
font-family: Karma, serif;
font-size: 13px;
color: #51443c; margin:0px;
padding:0px;
       background: url(http://untotheday.b1.jcink.com/uploads/untotheday/skinimgs/bg1.png); background-size: 200px;
text-align:center; background-attachment: fixed;
}

Table Styles

table, tr, td {
font-family: Karma, serif;
font-size: 13px;
color: #51443c;
}

Board Width

#wrapper {
text-align:left;
       width:1200px;
       margin: 0px auto 30px;
       padding-bottom: 5px; position: relative; top: 0px;
}

#mainboard { position: relative; width: 900px; margin-left: 10px; background-color: #e1cf92; padding: 15px; border: 2px solid #530805; }
#sidebar { position: absolute; top: -25px; right: 50px; width: 200px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #3c0301; }

#sidebarflag { background: url(http://untotheday.b1.jcink.com/uploads/untotheday/skinimgs/flag.png); background-size: 100% 100%; width: 160px; height: 640px; padding: 20px 45px 0px; position: absolute; top: 0px; color: #e0c569; font-family: karma; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; letter-spacing: 1px; position: relative; z-index: 2;}
#sidebarflag h1 { font-family: 'IM Fell DW Pica', serif; font-weight: normal!important; text-align: center; color: #ddca8b; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 10px 10px; }

#sidebarlinks { padding: 150px 15px 0px; width: 160px; background: url('http://untotheday.b1.jcink.com/uploads/untotheday/skinimgs/bg3.png'); height: 100vh; background-size: 200px; margin-left: 30px; position: fixed; top: 0px; z-index: 0; border-left: 2px solid #370a09; border-right: 2px solid #370a09; }
#sidebarlinks a { display: block; text-align: center; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #e5d294; font-family: 'IM Fell DW Pica', serif; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; margin: 10px 10px; color: #65130f; font-size: 13px; border-bottom: 1px solid #b49751; padding-bottom: 10px; }
#sidebarlinks a:last-child { border-bottom: 0px; }
#sidebarlinks a:hover { letter-spacing: 2px; }

#innerwrapper {
padding: 0 10px;
}

Cbox Toggle & Float

.cbwrap {
  background: #F2E6C1;
  background-image: url(http://untotheday.b1.jcink.com/uploads/untotheday/skinimgs/cboxbgtrans.png);
  box-shadow: 1px 1px 7px -2px #a7943d inset, 0px 0px 0px 1px #89432f, 0px 0px 0px 2px #5b0504, 0px 0px 0px 3px #831f1b;
  left: 100px;
  position: fixed;
  top: 100px;
  z-index: 100;
  padding: 5px 0px 5px 0px;
  color: #530805;
  font-family: IM Fell Double Pica SC;
  font-size: 15px;
}

#cbtog:checked ~ #cbtogoff, #cbtog:not(:checked) ~ #cbtogon, #cbtog {
  display: none;

}

#cbtog:checked ~ .cbox {

}

#cbtog:not(:checked) ~ .cbox {
  height: 0px;
  overflow: hidden;
}

Link colors

a:link, a:visited, a:active {
text-decoration: none;
color: #9f342f; transition: all, 1s; -moz-transition: all, 1s; -webkit-transition: all, 1s;
}
a:hover {
color: #6e4930;
}

Mini Profile
.mprof { position: relative; width: 210px; }

.mprof h1 { border-top: 5px solid #ddca8b; margin: 0px; padding: 10px 5px; text-align: center; font-family: 'IM Fell DW Pica', serif; font-weight: normal; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #9f342f; }
.mprof h2 { border-bottom: 5px solid #ddca8b; margin: 0px; padding: 10px 5px; text-align: center; font-family: 'IM Fell DW Pica', serif; font-weight: normal; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #9f342f; }

.mav { border: 5px solid #ddca8b; width: 200px; position: relative; background-color: #172b43; height: 300px; transition: all, 1s; -moz-transition: all, 1s; -webkit-transition: all, 1s; }
.mavimg { width: 200px; height: 300px; transition: all, 1s; -moz-transition: all, 1s; -webkit-transition: all, 1s; }
.mprof1 { position: absolute; top: 19px; left: 19px; height: 240px; padding: 10px; background-color: #5a0602; border: 1px solid #9c6947; outline: 5px solid #18365b; width: 140px; opacity: 0; transition: all, 1s; -moz-transition: all, 1s; -webkit-transition: all, 1s; }
.mav:hover .mprof1 { opacity: 1; }
.mav:hover .mavimg { opacity: 0; }

.mprof1 h1 { border-bottom: 1px solid #9c6947; border-top: 0px; margin: 10px 5px 5px 5px; padding: 5px; color: #ddca8b; font-family: georgia; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 2px; text-align: center; }
.mprof1 h2 { border-bottom: 0px; font-family: georgia; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 11px; color: #ddca8b; margin: 5px; padding: 0px; }

.mprof1 a { display: block; background-color: #4f0400; margin: 2px; padding: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: 'IM Fell DW Pica', serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; }
.mprof1 a:hover { background-color: #380200; color: #ab3d38; }

.alias { position: absolute; bottom: 5px; left: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ddca8b;  font-family: 'IM Fell DW Pica', serif; font-size: 11px; }
.time { position: absolute; bottom: 5px; right: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ddca8b;  font-family: 'IM Fell DW Pica', serif; font-size: 11px; }

.credit { display: block; font-family: 'IM Fell DW Pica', serif; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #efe0ad;  }
.credit a { color: #657947; }

Profile styles

#profilename {
font-size:28px;
font-weight:bold;
}

#photowrap {
padding:6px;
}

#phototitle {
font-size:24px;
border-bottom:1px solid black;
}

#photoimg   {
text-align:center; margin-top:15px;
}

UserCP/My Controls styles

#ucpmenu {
line-height:150%;
width:22%;
background-color: #f2e6c1; border: 1px solid #d4c07f; padding: 10px;
}

#ucpmenu p  {
padding:2px 5px 6px 9px;
margin:0px;  
}

#ucpcontent {
background-color: #f2e6c1; border: 1px solid #d4c07f; padding: 10px;
line-height:150%; width:auto;
}

#ucpcontent p  {
padding:10px;
margin:0px;
}

Logo Strip

#logostrip {
}

#logo {
min-height: 60px;
text-align: left;
margin-top: 5px;
padding: 20px 20px 5px;
}

#logo a, #logo a:hover {
font-size: 36px;
font-weight: bold;
color: #800000;
}

Search Bar

#searchbar {
display: block;
position: relative;
right: 10px;
top: 8px;
}

#searchbar .search-container {
   background-color: #640a06;
   border: 2px solid #470503;
   height: 26px;
   position: relative;
   width: 190px;
}

#searchbar .search-input {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
border: 0;
color: #ddca8b;
font-size: 12px;
width: 192px;
font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
padding: 1px 0 0 8px;
}

#searchbar .search-input:focus {
   color: #000000;
}

#searchbar .search-button {
background: #800000 url(http://files.b1.jcink.com/themes/default/magnifying-glass.png) no-repeat 50% 50%;
border: 0;
bottom: 0;
margin: 0;
border-radius: 0;
padding: 0;
position: absolute;
right: 0;
text-indent: -3000em;
top: 0;
width: 26px;
cursor: pointer;
box-shadow: none;
}

Navigation Bar / Submenu

#submenu  {
}

#submenu img {
}

#submenu a:link, #submenu a:visited, #submenu a:active {
color: #fff !important;
       padding: 7px 7px;
}

#submenu a:hover {
color: #fff !important;
text-decoration: underline;
}

#navi br {
}

#navstrip  {
font-weight:bold; background-color: #ddca8b; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #ebdcab; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; font-family: karma; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: 1px;
padding:15px 25px; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left: -25px; margin-right: -25px;
}

Calendar styling

.caldate   {
text-align:right;
font-size:11px;
color:#555;
background-color:#F2F2F2;
padding:4px; margin:0px;
}

#calendarname {
font-size:22px;
}

#padandcenter {
margin-left:auto;
margin-right:auto;
text-align:center;
padding:14px 0px 14px 0px;
}

/**************************************************
User Links Menu (Messages / View new posts / etc )
***************************************************/

#userlinks {
}

#userlinksa { background-color: #5a0602; position: fixed; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; padding: 10px 0px; outline: 5px solid #530805; border-bottom: 1px solid #a16841; z-index: 2; height: 30px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #3c0301; }
#userlinksa1 { width: 1200px; position: relative; margin: auto; }
.userlinks1 { display: block; top: 0px;left: 0px; padding: 10px; text-align: center; width: 945px; }
.userlinks1 a { display: inline-block; padding: 2px 10px; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: karma; color: #e0c569; letter-spacing: 1px; font-size: 11px; }
.userlinks2 { display: inline-block; position: absolute; right: 15px; top: -7px;  }

#userlinks td {
color: #333;
}

#userlinks a {
text-decoration: underline; padding: 1px;
}

#userlinks a:hover {
}

Topic View styles

.activeuserstrip {
padding: 5px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #f2e6c1; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: karma; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold;
}

.normalname {
}

.normalname a {
}

.unreg {
font-size: 11px;
color: #900;
}

.post1 {
padding: 15px; border-bottom: 1px solid #ddca8b; border-top: 1px solid #ddca8b; background-color: #f2e6c1;
}

.post2 {
padding: 15px; border-bottom: 1px solid #ddca8b; border-top: 1px solid #ddca8b; background-color: #f2e6c1;
}

.postdetails {
}

.postcolor   {
font-size: 14px; line-height: normal;
}

.postlinksbar {
       padding: 0px 5px 10px; text-transform: uppercase;
       text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #f2e6c1;
margin-top:1px;
font-size:10px; font-family: Karma;
}

I can probably c&p from the actual forum this skin and the code stuff is being used on, but there are some codes that'll be completely gone cause I hadn't transferred them to the new skin yet as I was still in the WiP phase and I'd hate to lose all that work. =/ But if I have to do that cause there's no other option, I also understand. It's just I'd really like to understand what happened especially cause the codes I added and the things I did(ie deleting that break tag in the custom bbcode for Timestamp - and I'm baffled it added in break tags at all cause that kinda messed up the code which was what I was trying to fix - shouldn't have caused this, right?) so I don't do it again or I can figure out how to make them work without it happening. Anyways, sorry, rambling. I'll let ya'll do your thing. <3
PM
#
No, they are definitely gone -- if that is your complete stylesheet, then. I wish I could tell you exactly what would have caused it, but I do not know, there are too many factors, sorry. It's not a usual occurrence either. The best I can do for you is raise your css character limit, just to ensure that you won't hit that, but you shouldn't have lost so much even if you were hitting that.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks John. I'm definitely going to make a second copy or a back-up before I try inserting the code again where this kinda went wrong. Hopefully it won't do it again, but if it does should I post here in this thread with that specific code and see if there's something about it that could be causing the issue?

Edit: I added in the code, deleted out the break tag like before, and it's fine. I've no idea what happened. The other codes work just fine too since I never took that out so I don't know. I guess this can be considered closed and solved? lol I'll post again in a new thread if weird things happen.

This post has been edited by THE SONIC CENTURION: Jun 17 2017, 07:00 PM
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll