Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Discord webhooks?
#
Hi! So some sites let you make it so that when a new topic is posted, a bot posts about it to a discord channel (RPG Initiative for example). I was wondering if that could be a possibility in the future? I included a link to the setup guide in Discord from discord's end.

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/228383668

I'll be honest, I don't know much about this stuff, but I do think it would be a really neat handy feature. I'm not sure what else I can include about it here, but I'm sure other people, TheMorrigan for instance, knows more about it and can provide more information.
#
from what I'm reading, the only thing required to accomplish this would be a place to insert a webhook url for a specific forum. then, we just need our server to post '{ "content" : "<the message you want to post goes in these quotes>" }'

this does not seem too difficult to me at a glance, but I will check into this more fully later.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
It's a pretty awesome bot but it can be more complicated than that. I don't know the specifics as I run on the current version of Invision Power but if you need to John the code for the current version is on github. The coding has had a complete re-wraite so I doubt it would be much help but mine has it to where I can choose which discord channel it posts to per forum.

signature
user posted image
#
Not that I have anything helpful to point out here, but this is EXACTLY what I was just looking for for my new site. I've seen it in a few places, but I wasn't sure if it worked linked to a jcink forum. I seriously hope it's possible because I refuse to host my sites with any other servers. JCINK is my obsession. Lol.

Cannot wait to see if it is something we can accomplish...by "we" of course I don't mean me, because I have no ability to aid. So...like the "royal we" <.<
PM
#
QUOTE (Yvonne @ Jul 24 2017, 11:16 PM)
Not that I have anything helpful to point out here, but this is EXACTLY what I was just looking for for my new site. I've seen it in a few places, but I wasn't sure if it worked linked to a jcink forum. I seriously hope it's possible because I refuse to host my sites with any other servers. JCINK is my obsession. Lol.

Cannot wait to see if it is something we can accomplish...by "we" of course I don't mean me, because I have no ability to aid. So...like the "royal we" <.<

Bahaha, Yvonne! My thoughts exactly. We means you guys! About the only thing I can do is make a site look pretty, when it comes to webhooks and stuff? naaaaah bruh.
#
Ah, the good ol' "we" factor. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

As discord has exploded in popularity this is something that I will seriously be giving attention to in due time. Probably start looking at in sometime in sept/october (don't hold me to that though).

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Best...response...from JCINK peoples...ever.

Anyway, I'm truly excited to see this pan out. Cannot wait.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll