Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

post row content alignment?
#
Working on another skin, I find fiddling with code relaxing - when it works http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Right now though, I cannot figure out the alignment of the posts.

As you can see here, the post content is aligned right. I have added center, left and justify to the css for the html template but none of them moved the text. I then tried adding styling to the actual html template, again this failed to work.

The only content I have that is aligned 'right' are the post buttons which are closed with a closing div, so what's causing the text to be pushed so far right?

Padding and Margins look ok to me, but I could be missing something.

Another thing, the signature strip - there's a huge gap under the post before we see the image there... it was originally html styled, with transitions which was throwing out the 2nd post reply, it broke the mini profile too so i had to remove it and now the only thing in the signature there is bbcode.

Any help appreciated.
#
First issue is a result of the float:left; on the miniprofile. It looks like you wanted to take the profile out of the flow, but that's not really how floats should be used (which is also causing issue, as you can see, with the posts appearing completely misaligned). Keep in mind, also, that text-align aligns the text flow relative to its node.

Nothing sticks out to me as a signature on that page, so I can't help you there :/

This post has been edited by Dusty: Dec 6 2017, 01:18 PM
PM
#
All fixed, I think. Thanks Dusty.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll