Pages: (81) « First ... 78 79 80 81  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

HTML Templates / Custom Forum Templates
#
Hi!

In the docs, <!-- |name_prefix| --> and <!-- |name_suffix| --> are listed under post rows as displaying the author's group prefix/suffix, but they don't appear when I tried it out. I'm assuming it's supposed to work like the prefix & suffix variables for the mini profile except in the post rows– if it's not, ignore me!
#
Those are for store purchased name prefixes and suffixes only.

Update: I have made a change/bug fix to the main profile template.

If this setting:

Field can be edited by the member?
If no, user cannot edit information, field can only be seen by admins and super mods. Admins can edit information via ACP.

Was set to 'No.'

Or this setting:
Hide from the member's profile?
If yes, only admins and super mods can see it, user can still edit if the below option is set to 'Yes'

Was set to 'Yes' the custom profile fields were effectively unusable in main profile templates. It had the illusion that it was working because as long as you were an admin or supermod, it was fine. As a member, it wasn't. I "fixed" this.

The way it works now is that since you control these variables, similar to the mini profile, the setting has no effect on the variable display. I've added this note as well:

Note: This setting has no effect on <!-- |field_#| --> variable display in main profiles.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
John,

Now this could just be me, but did you have a variable that just shows the page numbers, rather than the (pages: 1,2,3,4) way? If not, is it possible to get one like that?
PM
#
I can't imagine that this hasn't been suggested yet but looking through the last couple of pages I didn't see it, so just in case...

Using Black's script, you were able to insert recent topics like so into the statistics section of the board, it would be really great to be able to do this with the html templates as well! I actually started skinning after the html templates were released so I've never used Black's script before, but I'd much rather stick to the html templates instead of trying to use his script to incorporate one element.
PM
#
QUOTE (&gin in a jigger- @ Aug 21 2017, 10:20 AM)
I can't imagine that this hasn't been suggested yet but looking through the last couple of pages I didn't see it, so just in case...

Using Black's script, you were able to insert recent topics like so into the statistics section of the board, it would be really great to be able to do this with the html templates as well! I actually started skinning after the html templates were released so I've never used Black's script before, but I'd much rather stick to the html templates instead of trying to use his script to incorporate one element.

You can do that by following this http://forum.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic...=0&#entry171412 . that's how I did mine and it works like a dream.
PM
#
QUOTE (Sundae @ Aug 21 2017, 08:22 PM)
You can do that by following this http://forum.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic...=0&#entry171412 . that's how I did mine and it works like a dream.

Awesome, thank you so much!
PM
#
I suspect also that's exactly how that was done as well, since black's script has no reference to anything regarding recent topics being clipped into the board stats and styled. It's not a feature of the script.

signature
#
Hey John, question for you. Is there a chance that you could possibly add the <!-- |g_title| --> variable to the post row templates? I don't want to have to post my entire post payout in the miniprofile section (which is the way I've had to do it in the past with Black's script) in order to get that to work. or maybe you can form a variable that works the same way and calls what group a member is in? Thanks!
PM
#
QUOTE (Sundae @ Oct 4 2017, 01:17 PM)
Hey John, question for you. Is there a chance that you could possibly add the <!-- |g_title| --> variable to the post row templates? I don't want to have to post my entire post payout in the miniprofile section (which is the way I've had to do it in the past with Black's script) in order to get that to work. or maybe you can form a variable that works the same way and calls what group a member is in? Thanks!

<!-- |g_id| --> will call the group number
PM
#
QUOTE (wallflower @ Oct 4 2017, 12:43 PM)

I'm aware of what that will do. I use that to color. I want the actual membergroup name, not the number. Thank you though.
PM
#
QUOTE (Sundae @ Oct 4 2017, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (wallflower @ Oct 4 2017, 12:43 PM)

I'm aware of what that will do. I use that to color. I want the actual membergroup name, not the number. Thank you though.

ohhhhhh for displaying rather than coding?

you could simply use the one section of coding that the member group name is in and make that the mini profile. the mini profile coding can be as small as you need!

edit there's also the option of making a custom macro. i've used that technique in the past

This post has been edited by wallflower: Oct 4 2017, 02:48 PM
PM
#
Can you make it so that any HTML inputted into a custom profile field will also apply to the Post or Mini Profile HTML templates?

(EG: We are using our profile page as an application and members are allowed to link, bold, italicize, etc. throughout their fields, and when we try to put the fields into our mini profile or post HTML templates the fields show up as plain text opposed to links, bolded text, etc.)
PM
#
QUOTE (kinslers @ Oct 4 2017, 06:30 PM)
Can you make it so that any HTML inputted into a custom profile field will also apply to the Post or Mini Profile HTML templates?

(EG: We are using our profile page as an application and members are allowed to link, bold, italicize, etc. throughout their fields, and when we try to put the fields into our mini profile or post HTML templates the fields show up as plain text opposed to links, bolded text, etc.)

It already should work this way for the MP template and I believe the post because we don't filter it there... start a support topic on it so we can help you find out why it isn't. Check that the members can use doHTML.

re: the g_title in post row, will look into it...

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Oct 4 2017, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (kinslers @ Oct 4 2017, 06:30 PM)

It already should work this way for the MP template and I believe the post because we don't filter it there... start a support topic on it so we can help you find out why it isn't. Check that the members can use doHTML.

re: the g_title in post row, will look into it...

that would be amazing, John, thanks!
PM
#
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this question, but I was wondering if there was a way to change the default title for last posts and last post dates on the forum index. By default, if the forum is empty, they'll show up as -- and ----, but I'd like to change that, if possible. Thanks!
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (81) « First ... 78 79 80 81  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll