Pages: (80) « First ... 78 79 80  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

HTML Templates / Custom Forum Templates
#
Hi!

In the docs, <!-- |name_prefix| --> and <!-- |name_suffix| --> are listed under post rows as displaying the author's group prefix/suffix, but they don't appear when I tried it out. I'm assuming it's supposed to work like the prefix & suffix variables for the mini profile except in the post rows– if it's not, ignore me!
#
Those are for store purchased name prefixes and suffixes only.

Update: I have made a change/bug fix to the main profile template.

If this setting:

Field can be edited by the member?
If no, user cannot edit information, field can only be seen by admins and super mods. Admins can edit information via ACP.

Was set to 'No.'

Or this setting:
Hide from the member's profile?
If yes, only admins and super mods can see it, user can still edit if the below option is set to 'Yes'

Was set to 'Yes' the custom profile fields were effectively unusable in main profile templates. It had the illusion that it was working because as long as you were an admin or supermod, it was fine. As a member, it wasn't. I "fixed" this.

The way it works now is that since you control these variables, similar to the mini profile, the setting has no effect on the variable display. I've added this note as well:

Note: This setting has no effect on <!-- |field_#| --> variable display in main profiles.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
John,

Now this could just be me, but did you have a variable that just shows the page numbers, rather than the (pages: 1,2,3,4) way? If not, is it possible to get one like that?
PM
#
I can't imagine that this hasn't been suggested yet but looking through the last couple of pages I didn't see it, so just in case...

Using Black's script, you were able to insert recent topics like so into the statistics section of the board, it would be really great to be able to do this with the html templates as well! I actually started skinning after the html templates were released so I've never used Black's script before, but I'd much rather stick to the html templates instead of trying to use his script to incorporate one element.
PM
#
QUOTE (&gin in a jigger- @ Aug 21 2017, 10:20 AM)
I can't imagine that this hasn't been suggested yet but looking through the last couple of pages I didn't see it, so just in case...

Using Black's script, you were able to insert recent topics like so into the statistics section of the board, it would be really great to be able to do this with the html templates as well! I actually started skinning after the html templates were released so I've never used Black's script before, but I'd much rather stick to the html templates instead of trying to use his script to incorporate one element.

You can do that by following this http://forum.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic...=0&#entry171412 . that's how I did mine and it works like a dream.
PM
#
QUOTE (Sundae @ Aug 21 2017, 08:22 PM)
You can do that by following this http://forum.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic...=0&#entry171412 . that's how I did mine and it works like a dream.

Awesome, thank you so much!
PM
#
I suspect also that's exactly how that was done as well, since black's script has no reference to anything regarding recent topics being clipped into the board stats and styled. It's not a feature of the script.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (80) « First ... 78 79 80  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll