Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

IB Store Item Order and Permissions
#
So I'm using the IB Store on my board, and re-realized that the items are displayed in Z-A order.

After seeing it I remembered it being a thing from another board I was working on a few years ago and I don't thiiink there was a way to fix it back then. (By "fix" I mean at least display in A-Z order, though if there are ways to customize it otherwise those would be cool to know too.)

Does there happen to be a way to change it now? :X

Also, are there any mods/codes or anything that can be added to make the store settings different for different user groups? Like, could I make one group have less inventory space than another, etc?

[Edit: Also, might there be any way that I can make it so that a specific item is automatically added to every member's inventory upon sign-up?]

----

[Answered]

Unrelated, I'm using a heavily modified version of one of GMaster's skins and have been messing with the CSS for most of the past two days in getting everything on every obscure page just how I want it. I'm utterly stumped on dropdown lists, though. x_x

The page source shows them as .forminput, but that seems to be just the options, not the list itself? And said options don't seem to acknowledge background-image information whether it's an image or a web-generated gradient. (The forum jump list is a good example.)

I'd like to be apply a background image to both the obvious part and the options if possible, in order to make them more usable with the wonderful color-changing properties of the Shift-based skin.

The dropdown lists for the code buttons like font and font size are also a thing I'd like to change if possible?

I would just ask GMaster as he's been very wonderful in helping me so far, but I figured I was here anyway about the store and it might get a swifter response if I asked everyone instead of one person so yeah heh. :'3

----

In any case, here is a link to the board:
http://sunerionisle.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx

Username: test
Password: test

This post has been edited by SG~: Feb 13 2013, 04:59 PM
#
I'm not sure about the store thing, but for the code dropdowns, try

.codebuttons { }

That will cover the font and size dropdowns in the reply page. Hopefully it will cover all the other dropdowns as well but let's start with that.

signature
user posted image
#
Oh you were online anyway heh.

:/ But no I've messed with .codebuttons and just tried leaving it blank too and either way it only affects the actual buttons (the B, I, IMG, QUOTE, etc) and the menus within the dropdowns (small, large, etc on font, and so-on, but not the word FONT itself on the unexpanded list), and it won't display a background image or gradient on any of it.

Idk. D:

This post has been edited by SG~: Feb 7 2013, 11:28 PM
#
QUOTE (SG~ @ Feb 7 2013, 11:26 PM)
Oh you were online anyway heh.

:/ But no I've messed with .codebuttons and just tried leaving it blank too and either way it only affects the actual buttons (the B, I, IMG, QUOTE, etc) and the menus within the dropdowns (small, large, etc on font, and so-on, but not the word FONT itself on the unexpanded list), and it won't display a background image or gradient on any of it.

Idk. D:

That's what it is supposed to do I think. The dropdowns themselves are controlled by the browsers and not CSS. You can't change that but you can change everything else like you said.

signature
user posted image
#
I see, all right.

Still, I wish the background stuff would work at least on the expanded part. :/
#
I tried doing something similar. It failed because Firefox made my backgrond transparent but Chrome didn't recognize it and forced it to be regular. It's annoying but nothing really can be done to alter the forced browser settings unfortunately. :/

signature

user posted image
DeviantArt | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing

user posted image user posted image user posted image
RPG-Resources
List your forum in our Directory today!
#
o___o; I---

That's EXTRA weird then, because I just looked at my skin in Firefox and it looks nothing like my Chrome, as if Firefox isn't recognizing the color-shifting stuff OR the gradients? I'm hoping it's just my Firefox though and asking my members to show me screenshots in their various browsers.

Edit: All right, so it seems to look find for most people in Firefox. :/ Safari is meh but it's not as bad as IE, so meh.

-------------------------

Anyone know about the shop stuff though?

This post has been edited by SG~: Feb 10 2013, 10:29 PM
#
Bump.
#
Item it seems have always been displayed in that order, I don't think there is a setting to change that at this time, but I do know Jcink planned on at one point changing it so that the default sort order was alphabetical with it going from A-Z.

signature

user posted image
DeviantArt | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing

user posted image user posted image user posted image
RPG-Resources
List your forum in our Directory today!
#
QUOTE (Crystal @ Feb 13 2013, 04:38 PM)
Item it seems have always been displayed in that order, I don't think there is a setting to change that at this time, but I do know Jcink planned on at one point changing it so that the default sort order was alphabetical with it going from A-Z.

Can anyone give a source for this so I can see how recent or old-and-possibly-abandoned that notion is? .-.
#
It was a suggestion tossed in the feature section for the store, not too long ago now I think. I don't remember where it was posted but I responded saying when I was ready to pick at the store, I would look into doing that.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll