Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Post Count Off [SOLVED]
#
Okay so on a new site I just made the post count is only going up sometimes in forums that have it marked for the post to count towards total post count. I do have forums that are set not to count posts so could that be causing a problem? Do I need to mark all my forums to count towards the post count or is this a bug?
#
If a forum is set to where posts in it do not count towards the post count then those do not get added in and it will make it look in people's overall posts like they have posted less if they post in those forums a slot. If forums are set not to add to post counts then they don't add to anyones, regardless of group or setting who post there.

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
#
I understand that but the problem is in the forums that it is set to count the posts it is only doing it some of the time.

Post count is set to count in the area I'm having a problem with it just isn't doing it all the time. I'll post and it will count and then I'll post again after someone else and it will not count. It's all happening in a forum set to count the post.
#
We're going to have to test this behavior because it's not normal. Please provide a test account and a place for me to post in a forum with postcounts disabled to see it increases. Then you reply. Then I'll post after and see what happens.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Sending you a pm with the needed information. Thanks for taking a look.
#
We resolved this by disabling the subtract post count from deleted posts feature.

signature
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll