Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Something Simple
#
Okay, so I decided to brush the dust and cobwebs off my coding skills today, and apparently in the almost year I've not had time to sit down and skin a site... or code anything, I've gone coding stupid. I'm trying to style the user groups with span classes.

Now, on a scratchpad page I've got open to test my codes in real time, it works. On my test site? Newp. I even tried adding a string of code to alter it as a link color. Again, no dice. I know it's probably something so easy I'm going to facepalm over not realizing it, but for the moment I'm stuck and could use some help!

Online List Format (Prefix)
CODE
<span class='admin'>

I have the closing span tag in the suffix.

CSS for it
CODE
.admin { color:#8B618B;}
.admin a {color:#8B618B; text-decoration: none; }
PM
#
    Did you turn on the setting in the ACP settings area? You need to do that for it to work.
PM
#
Your span class and css for it is 100% correct leading me to believe you have an error somewhere else in your stylesheet as a whole causing it to "cancel" that part out. Please link your test board.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Here you go John, thanks for the help!

http://codehaven.jcink.net/index.php
PM
#
Looks fine to me. The color you've put in has taken effect. It's a little hard to see though. Try changing color to "red" though and you will see that it is, in fact, working fine.

signature
#
Oddly enough, it's not showing up for me. I've checked it on IE and Chrome, just to make sure it wasn't acting screwy because of browser compatibility. I did find something in the CSS though that might be causing the problem for me.

CODE

.normalname {
  display:block;
 }

#act-ST .post-normal .normalname a,
  .normalname a{
   color:#003;
   font-size:16px;
  }

.normalname a span,
  .normalname a div,
  #act-Msg .normalname a{
   color:#003 !important;
  }

Would any of that mess it up for me?
PM
#
oh, you mean in-topic and not just the online list?

Those last two are definitely overriding your values for that section.

signature
#
Okay, thanks! That's where I was checking it and thinking I'd screwed things up somehow.
PM
#
All good?

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll