Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Bottom of threads [SOLVED]
#
*waves*

Hey. Newbie here again with another newb question.

https://ahsau.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx <----- my WIP site

When I click on a topic, it goes straight to the bottom of the topic so that you have to scroll up to actually see it. It's the weirdest thing and very frustrating. Why on earth is it doing that?
PM
#
Because you're clicking on the topic from the index, it goes straight to the most recent post? This is normal behavior. If you want to view it from the beginning, you'd have to go to it from the actual topic list and click on the title.
PM
#
Yes, that is correct. Most forum software works like this and it is a standard practice for as long as I can remember.

Chynacat -- But it is okay if you don't want it to work this way because you are used to how it works elsewhere. you can formulate your own link to the topic without the "getnewpost" parameter. That's the power of the HTML Templates + variables

CODE
<a href='index.php?showtopic=<!-- |last_topic_id| -->'><!-- |last_topic_text| --></a>

http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thank y'all. I suppose this -is- the way I have always seen it on forums. I suppose once I get some replies into those threads it will look different. Right now Even if there is only one post, when you click from the index it doesn't even display the actual post, but below it. Where there is nothing but add reply, etc.

Once more I do appreciate the advice! It is great learning from you guys!
PM
#
It worked fine with your Open Threads list for me but I'm guessing you already changed it.
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll