Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Auto - template [SOLVED]
#
It's me again, Margaret. LOL

American Horror Story: Superstition

What I am wondering is how do you set up an automatic template say for... games and what not ... like I have seen used on other sites. it would automatically have the template which includes the fonts and dohtml coding like shown here.( I am using my archival message for reference, but I want the games, away reply, etc. to have the same 'look' everytime)

CODE
[dohtml]<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Poiret+One|Roboto:300" rel="stylesheet">
<br><center><div style="border: #4c414; solid 1px; padding: 5px; width: 300px; background-color: #fff;"><div style="background-color: #4c4141; padding: 10px;"><div style="background-color: #850a0c; padding: 5px; font-family: Poiret One; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 1px; font-size: 25px; color: #fff;">archived</div>
<div style="background-color: #fff; padding: 10px; font-family: Roboto; font-size: 15px; color: #000; text-align: justify; line-height: 100%;"> This thread has been archived due to inactivity. Please contact a staff member  if you'd like it reopened.</div></div></div><br></center>[/dohtml]

though -- you only have to have members copy and fill this out:

CODE
[dohtml]

<div class="gamessuper">
<div class="supertitle">Mate, Date, or Shovel</div>
<div class="supertext"><center>

SHOVEL!

</center> </div>

</div>
[/dohtml]

This post has been edited by Chynacat: May 14 2017, 11:40 AM
PM
#
1. Create classes for each thing that you've already styled and then add it to your CSS.

2. Only provide the code that uses the class names rather than the actual styling.

For your purpose, though, you could probably just make a pre-styled "blockquote" bbcode for general replies but the previously described method would be for games.
PM
#
Both of those are great suggestions and are pretty much how I have seen everyone else do it. Beyond that I don't have any better methods to suggest myself.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
You could also use custom BBcode to do something like this, which means users not handling HTML at all, particularly because there's only two places members need to input content.

signature
user posted image
#
Thanks for your support! This can be closed.
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll