Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

PM to New Members in Certain Usergroup & RSS Feed Bot
#
Okay so two questions. On the forum where I co-admin(here), we are looking at two things: a way to make stuff we post on our forum auto-post to our Twitter and a way to send PMs to new members who register OoC accounts.

First one: Auto-post to Twitter. Would the RSS Feed Bot be useful in this goal? We couldn't find any information on this at all outside what was mentioned in the ACP? So we're not sure how it works or how to even use it.

Second one: PM to new members OoC accounts. Now, we know you can send out an auto-mod PM, but that'll send to every new registered account. We want only the ones to go to certain ones. So we had this idea that once we sort these people into our OoC usergroup 'Certified Members' the PM could be sent out then, but we don't see a way to do it. We know there's Mass PM where you can select to only send to specific usergroups, but that'll send to everyone in that usergroup including members who have been there for awhile so this doesn't work for our goal. Is there a way to do this that we're missing? I did some searching and didn't find much.
PM
#
Both of the things you want to do are unfortunately not possible, sorry. The rss feature is for importing feeds only not to post content. Sadly I cant think of any almternatives to what you're trying to accomplish as well. I will note these for possible future feature additions.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Sorry, with everything happening with my stylesheet and then fixing it I totally forgot about this post. Ignoring the RSS Feed Bot bit, is it possible to do what I'd like in regards to the PM using a code of some sort? Or no?

If not, that's fine. We'll figure something out. I just figured I'd ask about a possible code solution I might be unaware of here.
PM
#
QUOTE (THE SONIC CENTURION @ Jun 19 2017, 08:51 PM)
Is it possible to do what I'd like in regards to the PM using a code of some sort? Or no?

Not that I am aware of, sorry.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Ah well, we'll figure something out. Thanks for taking the time to answer, John. =) This can be closed.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll