Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

content element converting symbols
#
basically, i'm trying to style a list. and when i put a symbol in the content section it changes it into a long form!

CODE
[dohtml]<div class="template">

<ul>
<li> a thing </li>
<li> a thing </li>
<li> a thing </li>
<li> a thing </li>
<li> a thing </li>
</ul>

</div><style>

.template ul { list-style:none }
.template li::before { margin-left:-1px; content:'\2022'; color:#761f29; }

</style>[/dohtml]

this should produce a list with a dot in front of each "thing" but instead i get a long string of numbers. using the dot doesn't work either, content:'•'; does the same thing.
PM
#
Why are you using the ::before selector anyways? If it's just a list, use the list-style property and set it there.
PM
#
because you can't style the dots before a list in a different color without creating a false list dot and positioning it. or using images and i'm not using images.
PM
#
Ah, fair enough. Unfortunately, using the '•' works perfectly fine on my end. If you can't get it to work, you might consider positioning a block of X em width and set the border-radius to round it out - it'd look functionally the same and scale with the font.
PM
#
the dot turns into SYMBOLS AND NUMBERS for me http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif

edit: ironically i can't even type what it shows up as to me because it converts into a proper dot when i do sigh.

it's a roundabout way of doing it but the width/height/background/etc method works well enough. thanks for the idea!

This post has been edited by wallflower: Jul 31 2017, 11:45 PM
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll